The Tennis thread

Vekic v Konta.

What a classic. Haven’t enjoyed chick tennis that much for years.

Bomber Girl and Barnz summed it up perfectly. Let Tomic get on with his life. I would hardly worry about AIS funding. Tomic got to number 16 in the world. Most of the AIS recipients of funding don’t make the Top 100.

1 Like

The $20k fine + losing his racquet sponsor is pretty harsh. Listening to his post match presser again, I wouldn’t be surprised if B Tomic is depressed. If he turns out to be suffering from a mental illness then the good people at Wimbledon and Head would want to take a good look at themselves.

2 Likes

Think the moral of the story is tò remain silent. As if Tomic was the only player who didn’t give 100% in his match. Losing his racquet sponsor. Is this really happening or is it spin from Head.

That’s right. Keep your gob shut and you’ll get paid.

Sometimes you need to open your gob to get paid. Ask @Reboot

Probably just needs to take 6 months off and determine if he wants to keep playing.
No point in continuing as he has this year.

I think we would’ve been better off had sport stayed amateur. The standard wouldn’t necessarily be that much lower, and the only ones playing would actually want to be there.

Rafa in trouble here. Dropped the first 2 sets but has come back to win the next 2. Muller up 12-11 in the last

Muller wins 15-13. Thoroughly deserved it, played much better than Rafa

An awesome match.

Two guys who simply refused to lose.

Muller is having the season of his life - at 34!

Gotta try and sleep after that now. My body clock is ■■■■■■

Is there a fake sad-face emoticon?

Just use whatever you used for when Sydney beat Essendon.

3 Likes

NOLE

With Thiem and Zverev both gone now, I’ll just cheer for whoever is playing against Murray.

Also hope Ostapenko can beat Venus Williams today

1 Like

Halep at $7 to win the tournament seems like good odds too

That’s a good idea.

Big Sam Querrey! Up a break in the final set against Murray. Get it done Son!!!