The Tennis thread

Barry is on the mark with his post - Financially Tomic should be comfortable - Anyway he came back from a low ranking in 2014, so it can be done.

When asked last night by Gold Coast Bulletin journalist Ryan Keen about the racquet backwards incident, Tomic said: “I don’t care about that match point – would you care if you were 23 and worth over $10 million”.

It’s all talk/false bravado.

Wow - Kyrgios has just knocked Nadal out in straight sets.

2 Likes

Slick Nick!!

Absolute shame Rafa and Fed are in the same side of the draw.
All 4 Women’s semi finalists look like being Yanks

del P is coming apart after a promising start. 1-1 set all with Nadal breaking early in the 3rd to secure a 2-0 lead.

Oh, and I’m keen on S Stephens. Real keen…

Beast mode for Rafa, 9 straight games after losing the first set

del P seemed a little too pleased with himself after defeating Federer.

RAFA!!

The biggest shock in the US Open was all American’s in the women’s semi final. It showz the state of the women’s game.

Vamos Rafa!
Comprehensive victory over Anderson

So Rafa and Roger both win 2 grand slams. Bring on the Aussie Open.

So after the doubles win last night, it leaves us 2-1 versus Belgium and if we can win one more we’re into the final. Need Krygios to fire.

Shaping as an epic already

Opportunity missed to win the Davis Cup in a weak year - Kyrgios was always an outsider against Goffin on clay and Thompson needed a miracle.

Hindsight would be a lucrative potion to bottle if someone was clever enough to work out the formula. Who knows, maybe that will be a possibility long after I’m gone.
Was surprised Millman didn’t get a chance in the reverse. He lost, sure, when playing Goffin, but he didn’t do a lot wrong in that match.

Am a fan of Thompson, but last night suggested that '‘slow’ clay courts might not be his go.

Sad face.

Best rear profile ever in tennis