The Tennis thread

That’s Ok, $30k won’t get him very far, especially as if he wants to earn more money he has to travel. Eventually sponsors will look elsewhere and he’ll be reduced to going on reality TV shows. If he thinks he’ll earn more money eating spiders than playing tennis then he is dumber than we have him credit for.

Think Tomic has little time for the media and in fact trolls them at time.

Anyway he’s had a decent career reaching no 17 in the world.

I’d love to punch tomic in the head. He’s a peice of sh*t

4 Likes

Americans having a nightmare opening day.

Ebden just about to knock Isner out.

Stosur is ■■■■■.

1 Like

Even with all the unpredictable turmoil in the world, it is still good to know you can still set your clock via a Sam Stosur Oz Open choke

6 Likes

You could even see the choke come in when she had match point. I should have loaded up my sportsbet account on the other bird.

1 Like
2 Likes

the roids let her throw the car up there?

3 Likes

In all seriousness, I can’t think of an Australian athlete I’d be less surprised about being caught with performance enhancing drugs in their system than Stosur.

Kyrios playing well in perhaps the worst tennis clothes in the history of the Australian open.

1 Like

I just turned the telly over from the cricket to see.

Yep, you’re right.

not his fault, nike have the same top on about 3 others, and ive only flicked on 3 matches… Think we’ll see more of it.

Don’t get me weong, I hate Kyrigos, but this time at least its not his fault

Well got hand it to Nike then, certainly will get people talking re the outfit, good or bad.

I don’t hate him, I hope he does well, looking forward to seeing some new faces this Open, as to me tennis has been boring for a few years now.

1 Like

I’ll never forgive him for throwing a match at wimbledon? maybe US. I decided to watched at 3AM or 4AM.

Never seen a professional tennis player deliberatly concede points into the net. I mean, sure I did that once and a last time when I was 10 or so…

Point on Kyrigos - I have no time for anyone who shows poor sportsmanship.

1 Like

That’s fair enough @westie .

1 Like

Nice win.by Nick.

Then lovely to hear ND introduced as former Essendon champion when promoting MND after.

3 Likes

Wonder how Sloane Stephens won the 2017 USA Open - Well down in the rankings at the time and has failed to win a match since - A bizarre result.

Hat’s off to Stosur - Had a wonderful career winning a GRAND Slam, finishing top 10 for 3 consecutive years, a highest ranking of no 4, while Aussie women were crap.

1 Like

Yep despite her horrendous record in A/a, a great career. Got everything possible out of her ability, the absolute exact opposite to Tomic

1 Like