The Tennis thread

Implying something?

With Tomic once ranked 17, how long was he in the top 20 for?

Serena Williamsā€¦

Sabalenka

Saba-aaaaggggghhhhh -lenka

Grunts during the ball toss.

Fukng cheat

2 Likes

Once Barty found the range on her serve she got back into the game - She should make the fourth round with her draw.

1 Like

Had a great day at the open yesterday, but Iā€™m livid that theyā€™ve stopped selling evening ground passes. Absolutely moronic decision that means Iā€™ll only be attending once this year.

Is a ticket required to enter Hisense now?

Still a ground pass entry to Hisense but they also sell reserved seats.

They used to sell an evening ground pass but now the after work crowd had to front up a ~$50 to see a few sets of tennis

1 Like

That explains why Monday night was totally devoid of any vibe in the outside areas.

I had Rod Laver passes but it just didnā€™t have the same atmosphere of past years and the crowds were very thin.

Was a little cool though, so maybe thatā€™s what kept people away.

On a side note: I like how they have the men on first now but boy does it thin out quickly once they are done.

Gavrilova was up after Nadal and the stadium was only just over a quarter full.

1 Like

FXD

1 Like

It felt quiet in the evening last night as well.

It really sucks. Iā€™m a huge tennis nut so Iā€™m there every year regardless, but the cheap and cheerful evening sessions were a great way to get a few mates and my better half along in the first week. A few sets in the back courts then some bevvies in front of the big screen is a perfect evening on a 30+ day

Yep, I go to at least a couple of sessions every year and Monday was the first time I left feeling disappointed.

Hopefully it was just a one off.

I go every year and love it, just get the ground passes in first week then some reserved seating in week 2. Yesterday was great though mot sure why they have removed some of the drinking fountains, will be interesting how everyone goes tomorrow.

Why is basil commentating? Much prefer Bruce

EFA

1 Like

Dimitrov WTF. Lost set 6 - 0

No crowd is going stay after 2-4 hours of tennis to watch whats next.

Just realised I got my wires crossed here.

I was thinking of Sabrilenka (Gruntilenka, ā€¦ but it doesn;t work nearly as well,ā€¦ :roll_eyes:).

Apologies to ā€œOur Aussieā€ girl ā€¦ Daria.

1 Like

Ultratune ads are something else.

1 Like