The Tennis thread

Agree that Kyrgios did struggle to get to a few wider balls that Murray or Joker would run down easily. I think he’s quick enough but he is unfit and that could be a problem against Dimitrov. The way the draw is, it’s set up for 2 semis of

Nadal v Dimitrov/Kyrgios
Joker v Fed

Does Sharapova walk like the no swinging arm woman from Seinfeld?

1 Like

Sharapova should retire

Or at the very least, shut the fk up. Unbearable

6 Likes

What the actual fk is she wearing, some kind of recycled cling wrap number.

Is Chanel 7 deliberately trying to ruin sport by using Basil Zempilis in all their coverage.

He does my head in with his stupid rehearsed commentary

5 Likes

This comment is equally relevant in both AFL and Tennis.

1 Like

We need to overhaul our sport coverage.

I actually don’t mind Jim Courier but basil just comes across like he’s trying to hard.

He’s the new cometti/McAvaney.

It’s taken us forever to get rid of them and now we have replaced them with a clone.

I’ve started watching on mute, can’t handle the commentary, grunting or constant recap of what’s happening elsewhere. Just let me watch the GOAT in peace.

2 Likes

Basil is vomit enducing. He is wanking his brains out.

2 Likes

I am referring to lateral movement which is from side to side, not moving back and forward - Improve your lateral movement means you get to balls quicker, which in turns helps your shot-making.

Posted before the tournament that Zverev is yet to show he can do it in Grand Slam - Reckon Kyrgios is a better player if his mind is working - Watch out for Chung - He can be a top 10 player.

Yep, and his movement whether it’s lateral or not will come when he commits fully to the game.

With a full time coach and a professional training program his movement would be elite for his size.

He’s the tennis version of Francis.

Kyrgios has shown a lot more than Francis - Lateral movement can improve with more training but everyone reaches a limit - I’m of the view that Kyrgios doesn’t need a chance - Federer has gone through stages of his career without a coach.

In my opinion if Kyrgios had a full time coach for the past two years he would be number 1 already.

His biggest problem other than his fitness is his tactical awareness.

Kyrgios plays on instinct a lot of the time which is a dangerous way to play. Especially for somebody as emotionally fragile as him.

1 Like

Kyrgios is top 10 for talent and possibly top 5 if everything goes right - Doubt a coach would help him.

A coach won’t help him while he’s a loose cannon. But he’s looking like he might be pulling his head in a bit. If that continues he might be ready for a coach sometime in the next 12 months

He has been well behaved so far.
But it could be the eye of the storm.
Lets see how he reacts when he’s heading for defeat.

Rafa looking very ordinary so far

Nadal’s outfit. Pale grey tank top,shocking pink shorts, wristbands and head band.

Sorry.

No.