The Tennis thread

They already hand out wildcards to those players.

Giving a young unknown local is an investment in the future.

Young unknown have many opportunities to pick up wildcards in a variety of tournaments - My proposal still gives some chance for talented juniors, but too many of the wildcards, go to journey-person players who have a limited future - Check out the wildcards.

To be honest it feels like a disappointing Aus Open. If Kyle Edmund can make a semi…

1 Like

Even Cilic, great player and deserved finalist in any grand slam but doesn’t do anything for me.

Hopefully STAN can work his way back up, him and Dimitrov are who I want to be watching in quarters and semi.

Actually looking forward to watching CHUNG tonight not just FED.

Hoping Fed wins but if CHUNG is good enough to win I’d love to see that to if that makes any sense.

If all the slams the oz open has always thrown up some unusual names.

Chung is 6’3"

Needs a better serve for his size

Hope Chung has settled now, appeared overawed the first set.

Still a long way to go but so far Roger is giving Chung a tennis lesson.

Chung looks like he’s going through the motions

Another retirement

Did he just pull out over a blister?

Federer is such a humble guy

Pathetic. I’ll never barrack for him in the future.

You better not be talking about Federer

Im talking about Chung of course. I liked the look of him but that is soft as ■■■■.

1 Like

I agree.

He looked like he was in some discomfort but not enough to pull out.

Was a bit of a shock to be honest.

Federer made that retirement look respectful. Blisters suck but they’re not new in tennis, I’m certain he would have experienced them at lower levels. Pretty poor by Chung.

1 Like

Yep, Federer definitely looked after him there

1 Like

I have had blisters and they can be bad and painful, but seriously why would a professional tennis player get blisters with all the money and support they have. Surely they can get shoes that do the job.

Gave up, poor effort