The Tennis thread

Great match although the serving in the last set was horrific from both.
Guess the nerves were getting to both of them.

Was going for Caroline as I backed her a week ago and it’s hard not like her.

Oh yeah? I got a paper cut once. Could barely type it was that bad but I toughed it out.

2 Likes

Pffft! I broke the middle and ring fingers of my left hand - my (slow) bowling hand - on the Thursday before a game, but did I let it stop me bowling 21 overs two days later?

No, sirree! But we were tough in my day.

Took 4-for too. Would have been 5 but for a cheating umpire who gave a blatant stumping not out.

2 Likes

If anyone sees Crazy trying to re-write history by pretending he has always liked R Federer, let me know. That jerkhole has been trying to sneak back onto the Federer Shinkansen for the last twelve months. All seats are reserved and he doesn’t have a ticket.

Find it hard to believe that a pro athlete will have their feet deteriorate that much at this stage of their career. Was he playing in gum boots?

He looked like he had been shot in the foot.

I’ve only ever said nice things about Roger. It’s you who’s allegiance has tittered.

She does too. Saul’s love interest, Kim. I thought she looked familiar but couldn’t quite place who it was. Thanks, now I can sleep at night.

1 Like

If Cillic takes a single set off Federer I’ll be surprised.

Step away from the bandwagon, sir. You don’t have a valid ticket.

Have you even watched Roger before this year? Doubtful.

I said STEP AWAY, SIR!

You can’t bandwagon Federer like you do Sydney.

Early break point for Fed

Cilic looks overwhelmed

This will be the easiest Grand Slam anyone has ever won. Walkovers for both semis and final.

But if an uncharacteristic drop shot from the baseline from Fed. Don’t get to cocky and let him back into the game.

Fed slacking off a bit here

Let it get to 30-30 on serve