The Tennis thread

reason screamapova cops it is because shes russian.

1 Like

Players are often tested more when they are returning after an absence or a long term injury - I suspect Serena is complaining because most of these tests would come under the USADA banner - Of course Tygart would like another notch on his belt - This is the same USADA who often give out lighter penalties for US athletes.

ITF publishes individual drug test data on an annual basis, within a band ( eg 4-7). I think that covers tests authorised by the ITF. USADA also lists tests conducted under its authority for Olympic/Paralympic sports.

She’s not even the most tested American player.

She should pipe down.

Doesn’t change the point that USADA is soft at sanctioning USA athletes for doping violations. And Tygart is a glory seeker.

I won’t stand for any Serena abuse.

Better take a seat then.

1 Like

Awesome news! Jim Courier has been signed by Channel 9 to commentate on the Australian Open. Look forward to hearing that rarely told tale about a dip he took in the Yarra. Might even be able to get Chappelli in for a few riveting warries.

3 Likes

On the puls side, we get McEnroe who is much much better than courier

and the thread title is topical again.

@Diggers how about that tutu?

Do you really need to ask?

1 Like

Just saw the Kyrgios farce on sky. Just wow, that ref can’t be allowed to continue surely

Krygios down a set and a break and in full tank/sulk mode not even chasing shots anymore…Chair Umpire then gets out at the changover for some reason, and gives him the biggest rev up and pleading for him to try anyone’s ever seen, Kyrgios is then like “ok let me call a trainer then”. Calls out trainer, says “I don’t know, work on my wrist or something for a few minutes”. He then breaks back, wins the set, wins the last 2 sets, wins the match. Bizarre from the umpire. Kyrgios is getting worse mentally, used to be a breakdown every month, now its every match. Used to try trick shots every match maybe, now it’s every few games. Federer will just crush him next round.

1 Like

dont think it will be that simple.

big opponent, big tournament, big crowd, these are the games nick lives for.

1 Like

Not sure if serious

I used to think Mark Falltopieces was a squib.
Jesus, these blokes (Kyrgios and Tomic) make him look like he was made of granite by comparison.
Utter, utter peasants both of 'em…

Granted I was only little, but pretty sure Philippoussis didn’t carry on like these two farkwits do either. He also had a better career.

1 Like

Depends on if the match is in the heat or a bit cooler. If it’s cooler and he gets a good start then maybe, Nick has an axe to grind with Federer.

He’ll be lucky to win 3 games let alone 3 sets