Sanderson

Going for a package deal reportedly.

Goodwin coach, Bomber Director of coaching.

Cant see it happening though, Bomber is good mates with Sando, cant imagine him jumping in his grave

Can we merge this with the other thread?

Sanderson comes across as an extremely nice guy and coaching record not bad. Pre surprised.

I don’t think Goodwin will be going there. Didn’t someone say he’s settling in Melbourne?

Cant see it happening though, Bomber is good mates with Sando, cant imagine him jumping in his grave

Considering Bomber is staying at Essendon and is good mates with Sando I am thinking the crows may have ■■■■■■ up

They don't muck around at Adelaide do they. I thought his record was pretty solid given the Cattle at his disposal.

Come to bombers, bring Danger and Tex with him.

Would ■■■■■■■ lol if Goody says no

Would ******* lol if Goody says no

Goody's manager is the same as Sando's.
His manager just said Goody is not going to Adelaide apparantly

Considering Bomber is staying at Essendon and is good mates with Sando I am thinking the crows may have ****** up
Has Bomber signed yet?
Once he puts pen to paper ill be more at ease

Stewie Dew, has done fantastic and has been in the system for awhile. Family still in Adelaide could be a smokey

Worsfold

My first reaction was that possibly Goodwin was offered the assistant role at Melbourne, so Adelaide has made a quick play of sacking Sanderson and hiring Goodwin as head coach

Get him on board.

He can bring Danger with him.

Would be a lot more concerned about Thompson if Sanderson was staying at Radelade

S. Anderson

Why would Bomber move to Adelaide?

Why would Bomber move to Adelaide?

He wouldn't.

It's just a combination of what Adelaide would love, what people are going to speculate about as he is a successful senior coach and panic merchants on here that will get worried.

Couldn't this have waited until Monday or at until after the GF? Surely Jon Ralph will be outraged that this is taking the focus away from the prelims.

Well said, ■■■■■■■ disgraceful that we cop this ■■■■ and other clubs pull this and get off.

Mark Thompson slams Adelaide's axing of Sanderson
	Date

September 17, 2014 - 8:34PM
  • 295 reading now
  • Read later
niall-jake_127x127.jpg
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.theage.com.au/afl/by/Jake-Niall'>Jake Niall</a>

Senior sports writer for The Age

View more articles from Jake Niall

Follow Jake on Twitter Email Jake

Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow6132545310if0

Winning combination: Mark Thompson and Brenton Sanderson. Photo: Justin McManus

Dual premiership coach and Essendon's exiting senior coach, Mark Thompson, has not only ruled himself out of the running for the Adelaide coaching job, but has clearly signalled his disappointment with Adelaide's axing of his friend and former assistant Brenton Sanderson.

"No, I'm not interested," said Thompson when asked about the job that had opened up at the Crows. "I wouldn't go there - especially now." Sanderson worked alongside "Bomber" at Geelong, where the pair forged a close relationship. Thompson had been in contact with Sanderson on Wednesday night, when the news of his sacking filtered through.

Essendon wishes to retain Thompson in a new role supporting the coaches, which is yet to be confirmed or finalised.

Thompson has not been sounded out by the Gold Coast, either. The Suns' board are meeting with senior coach Guy McKenna on Thursday as part of an intensive club review of the club's football operations that has created rumblings throughout the AFL  community about McKenna's position.

Advertisement

The Sanderson sacking also surprised the coach's management, the influential Elite Sports Properties, which had been preparing to meet with Sanderson on Friday and had been heavily involved in the conversations between Goodwin and Melbourne. Goodwin was the frontrunner to become senior assistant under Roos, in which he would be in pole position - or have an outright guarantee - of the senior position once Roos finishes at the end of 2016. Like Sanderson, he is managed by Craig Kelly's ESP.

Sanderson was contracted for the next two years, meaning the Crows face a huge payout - perhaps of close to a million dollars.

The news of Sanderson's sacking caught the AFL world by surprise, as it has been the McKenna who has been under pressure and was seen as vulnerable. The AFL coaches association had not even been informed of Sanderson's axing on Wednesday evening

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mark-thompson-slams-adelaides-axing-of-sanderson-20140917-10if0t.html#ixzz3DZWmPDWB

Stewie Dew, has done fantastic and has been in the system for awhile. Family still in Adelaide could be a smokey

I know it worked for Hawthorn but surely he's been retired too long now. Still he has a lovely left boot on him.

Considering Bomber is staying at Essendon and is good mates with Sando I am thinking the crows may have ****** up
Has Bomber signed yet?
Once he puts pen to paper ill be more at ease

So what you're saying is that no other clubs will be able to approach Bomba cos there's a signed contract in place .......