Saturday April 15 Sandringham v Essendon Trevor Barker Oval, 2pm

With 16 AFL listed players, many of which have played plenty of senior games we should smash them.

Will trek down for a gander and chip demolition job

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very very good VFL side.

1 Like

Sunday game for Saints so their bench is named - possibly a rare sighting of the Nathan Freeman footballer species to be had.

Sandringham

B: 65. B. White, 61. D. Joyce, 7. S. Gilbert
HB: 70. D. McKenzie, 20. E. Le Grice, 80. S. Savage
C: 64. B. Acres, 81. D. Armitage, 39. E. Phillips
HF: 36. J. Battle, 67. P. McCartin, 76. N. Wright
F: 43. T. Curren, 77. R. Marshall, 34. B. Long
R: 74. B. Longer, 15. K. Stevens, 66. J. Sinclair

Int: 62. R. Connellan, 6. J. Fisscher, 41. D. Minchington, 71. L. Pierce, 1. D. Weickhardt, 2. K. Answerth, 3. L. Verma, 16. M. Hayes, 33. N. Freeman, 63. N. Oā€™Kearney, 75. B. Rice, 9. M. Cook

23P ā€“ 49. J. Sziller

Essendon

B: 8. M.Gleeson, 50. J. Ferry, 25. A. Morgan
HB: 41. B. McNiece, 36. M. Hartley, 49. M. Dea
C: 19. K. Mutch, 39. H. Hocking, 54. N. Oā€™Brien,
HF: 20. J. Merrett, 44. S. McKernan, 10. A. Francis
F: 38. S. Draper, 17. J. Stewart, 16. J. Begley
R: 2. T. Bellchambers, 24. C. Bird, 37. D. Clarke

Int: 77. N. Holmes, 62. M. Luxford, 57. N. Hind, 58. B. Dobson, 55. D. Younan, 65. O. Uysal, 79. B. Laguda, 71. J. Cornell

23P ā€“ 56. J. Peters - @theDJR will be happy

Given thereā€™ll be travelling emergencies probably all bar Hind and Laguda from the bench will play.

1 Like

Wow, there are a lot of AFL listed players Iā€™ve never heard of in that Sandy lineup.

A very strong side indeed. Do those zebras have any chance?

Thatā€™s a super strong Sandringham team - Both forward lines are stacked so itā€™s a matter of which group of defenders can do the best job.

Holy ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  they have a strong side in too

Wow. That is some team that Sandy have named. Lots of young recent draftees (of particular interest Marshall, Battle and Long), as well as McCartin, Armitage, Longer, Sinclair, Acres, Savage, McKenzie and Koby Stevens, who all have been competent or better AFL performers.
I will be interested in how Bellcho and Draper go against Longer.

Also, still no Redman for us. Not named in any injury reports that I have seen.

1 Like

I think Crowe said on the Injury Update video that Redman will be back for Round 2 of the VFL.

1 Like

McKernan Francis Draper Stewart Begley Bellchambers: windless rainless day :+1:

Boyse canā€™t get a spot in the team!

1 Like

P.S. Forecast for the next four weekend days includes the words ā€œearly fogā€. Iā€™m gonna be a broken boomerang thrower by the end of that.

We will still smash them.

We on the VFL TV coverage this week?

No. Our first TV game is round 11!

Wow, I consider Boyse one of our best VFL players.

Can Foxtel buy the rights to VFL please. Itā€™s 2017 FFS. Or stream it somewhere.

5 Likes

No word from the club on a webcast for this one?

Not a home game I suppose, ā€¦ but they were at least providing a radio webcast from every away game.

I hope they stick with and advance this initiative this year. It was great when they started it, but they seemed to get a bit haphazard with it last season.

2 Likes

Surely they donā€™t line up anything like that? 3 ruckmen + Stewart, super tall

With 9 on the bench, mostly not talls, there is potential for adjusting the matchups during the game.

(There will be four, not nine, on the bench, PLUS PETERS. Except he better not be on the bench much.)

1 Like