Scheduled Downtime: Friday Morning for Software Move

Hello Blitz,

Posting in here for maximum coverage.

Blitz will be down on Friday for what hopefully should only be a few short hours as I transfer everything here to a new forum package.

What will be saved?

Mostly everything, your PM history, all the forums and discussion from here etc. But in case anything does go missing, make a local copy of anything you really, really want to keep

What will change?

I've styled the new forum software on this current design, but it is slightly different. Similar features just located in different places. Go into it with an open mind and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :) The new forum has some neat features too, like the ability to tag someone's name in a post, as well as pointless features like #hashtags actually work.

Will it be more stable?

Hopefully? It's a 'simpler' package than this one. I'll also continue to look at dramatically increasing our hosting package in the new year, instead of what I'm doing now by just trying to have 'enough'.

I can donate money?

That's nice but it's not a money problem.

Will all the Sorry Saga content come across?

Hell yeah.

- Rolo

ASADA Thread still locked Rolo,

y u do dis on our 1st win? :P

http://bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/2211/sorry-saga-neue-thread

Doesn’t look locked, but we can’t post

Really? Much more user friendly IMO.
Bruce F may have a different view
Oh well we should go back to the old software if one of 8,000 members doesn't like it.

I know change always causes grief, and people get narky. That is a very reasonable explanation for both Bruce’s reaction and the counter reaction from yourself and others in a couple of comments.

I am caused to reflect on this though.

What you think of the enormously powerful effect of the combination of:

1. Forensic information about the saga generated by Bruce, which includes information that the EFC Board wouldn’t necessarily want circulated. 

2. The questioning of board candidates by blitzers, resulting 2 people being elected, who clearly were questioned in light of this information and based on their responses elected.

I think these 2 things are revolutionary, and have given some control back to the masses such as ourselves. However revolutions aren’t usually welcomed by those in power. 

Are we in a difficult position now, like others with jobs at EFC, where we can challenge the status quo, but the club that we love may not appreciate it?

It occurs to me this is a delicate matter.

Is Bruce’s information being circulated on BB a conflict, like so many other political actions before it?

It occurs to me that Bruce has been off put by the changes, and all the fuss and reaction his reactions caused, and has now gone pretty quiet. 

It probably didn’t help that myself and so many others who appreciate him, have advocated for him, thus causing grief for Rolo. I understand that you would want to stand up for Rolo as I want to also, given all the work for BB that you both do and we all are grateful for.

Are you able to give us some insight into this?

It would be ideal if we could both shut down the damaging propaganda of some, but be open to the truth and act on it accordingly. It is a delicate balance.

I actually think what I have mentioned above isn’t consciously linked, but may be an explanation of why you may not think Bruce is a treasure to cherish, like many of us do.

Ya, It’s verking. Vell done.

#blitzsurvived 

Hey Rolo. In the Neue Asada thread, there doesn’t seem to be a comment box. So can’t post. Obviously there’s one here, so its not that I’m signed out or anything. 

We’re back

ASADA Thread still locked Rolo,

y u do dis on our 1st win? :stuck_out_tongue:

Where will I be able to post a "where's the team" thread in the meantime?

What's the swear filter like?

vagina

■■■■■

■■■■■■

■■■■

even the 2400+ page thread? That held so much good information.

even the 2400+ page thread? That held so much good information.

Pretty sure at least 2350 pages can be about Jez and Dodga and what the status of AOD is.

Riolio could redact the Dodga/Jez posts. But the time taken for doing that would mean the transfer would be delayed by a year or so.

Has this server been issued with an infraction notice.

It's had a list upgrade.

But what about Jackie’s trainging report?

Oh the humanity of having to wait until the arvo or even Saturday!

I don't recall.

This Riolio changes everything!

Someone should do something about this.

Riolio goes BANG!