Science…

Oh ■■■■■, there’s a giant space arrow heading right for us!

7 Likes

We’re screwed.

Fk space arrows.

2 Likes

Stop the panic you guys!

Fkg space arrows have done us no harm in a bazillion years. Fkg maggots, on the other hand…

So anyone awake to watch the eclipse?

That was fun.

Does that mean the Death Star is pointed elsewhere? Phew!

Anyone blinded?

It’s Pac-Man!

1 Like

Is there Extra Terrestrial life?

Good Episode of Catalyst tonight,. for Science and Space/Astronomy buffs.

1 Like

Interesting show on last night re an asteroid impact that is believed to have killed off the dinosaurs. There’s a 200km diameter crater below the gulf of mexico /Yucatan peninsula that was caused by an object roughly 20km across, travelling at an estimated 70,000km/hr and penetrated to a depth of 32km !

It released the energy equivalent of 10 billion Nagasaki atomic bombs, incinerated anything within 1000km and coated the atmosphere in a light-blocking cloud of gypsum dust for up to a decade.

Probably not a great outlook if that were to happen again.

1 Like

But gypsum is PLANT FOOD!

1 Like

Could happen again sooner than we hoped, except for the gypsum part

The chance of an asteroid hitting the planet and destroying every living species is incredibly low within the next 10,000 years.

human demise willl likely be created by human greed. Ie. war, environmental impacts.

Saying that, even when Human kind is eliminated from this planet, the earth will live on. It will re-adjust and new living species will evolve and roam the planet.

When the FunGuys become sentient and Rise Up, I wonder whether they’ll develop bombs that give off human-shaped clouds…

Reports that a game trail camera may have captured images of a Tassie Tiger. Seems doubtful but please, please be true!

8 Likes

Lol.

Maybe. But at least the Tasmanian terrain provides a plausible habitat to ‘hide’ something that we know actually did exist.

I just looked at the footage but on my phone i couldnt even offer an opinion on whether its a feral cat , fox or something else altogether.

I was out camping in the Cathedral Ranges for a few weeks a couple of years ago. I trekked down through forested area for about 500 meters, and came to a clearing - might have been an old logging camp. Anyway, I was taking a break just sitting there in the quiet, and right before my eyes about 20m away, a black furry animal raced across a track. It was about the size of a medium dog. It had a long tail. I couldn’t see any tracks - was wet foliage and undergrowth. Farked if I know what it was. Too big for a feral cat. And it was long - too long for ‘normal’ if that makes sense.