Sean Wellman Leaves

What a year it’s turned our to be!

It’s amazing the team kept things together as long as they did

Chairman, CEO, High Performance Coach, Senior Coach, Assistant Coach

Massive changes in the organisation

Wonder what impact this will have on next year?

Senior coach = massively important

2014 = the great unknown

Getting Harvey and Lloyd is vital now.
Edit: also congratulation to Wellman for all the work he has done with our backline. IMO he's assembled the best defensive unit in the league.

Hasn't Lloyd said he would only come back in a lesser capacity (ie; not as a full time assistance)?

Agree that we probably need Harvey because of his experience. 

I certainly did not see the complete disintegration of TRB coming.

So far its:

No Head coach

Bomber undecided on whether he stays at all

Goodwin applying elsewhere

Egan Gone

Wellman gone

Doc Reid Gone

Head of football Dept?

Interim CEO

Crameri on the brink of leaving 

No draft picks

massive financial penalty

What a *&^% of a situation to be in.  

It may not be onfield (yet....) but it looks like we need a rebuild. 

Is the doc definitely leaving?

I don't think its been clearly stated anywhere but I thought that was the general consensus. 

So won't the 2014 flag be that much sweeter.

Flag would be awesome, but I would be happy with just making the finals (and actually getting to play). 

I reckon that would be 'success' given everything outlined above. 

Getting Harvey and Lloyd is vital now.
Edit: also congratulation to Wellman for all the work he has done with our backline. IMO he's assembled the best defensive unit in the league.

Hasn't Lloyd said he would only come back in a lesser capacity (ie; not as a full time assistant)?

Agree that we probably need Harvey because of his experience. 

I certainly did not see the complete disintegration of TRB coming.

So far its:

No Head coach
Bomber undecided on whether he stays at all
Goodwin applying elsewhere
Egan Gone
Wellman gone
Doc Reid Gone
Head of football Dept?
Interim CEO
Crameri on the brink of leaving 
No draft picks
massive financial penalty

What a *&^% of a situation to be in.  

It may not be onfield (yet....) but it looks like we need a rebuild.

Has Egan gone as well? When did that happen?
I think Goodwin will be around I just don't see him getting the Brisbane job. They will go for an experienced coach I think after the Voss episode so might go with a Craig and an apprentice like Melbourne has. If they do then Goodwin might leave as he will have more certainty about a Head Coach role. I would otherwise think Richardson might be the other one they might select who hasn't coached before following the Hinkley model.

People have been saying Harvey in Tandem with Goodwin. So would it be a set up like Hird and Bomber?

Have a look at the picture the age is running with for this story, can't wait till they crash and burn.

I know there's a lot of love for guys like Lloyd & Harvey to come on board but I think it's possible to have too many ex-EFC players on staff.

We are an AFL club with top line facilities and a relatively young, succesful and improving side, there should be an absolute HEAP of people applying for roles as assistants or as interim head coach.

I firmly believe that the club will exhaust all avenues to find the perfect fit for the situation.

Have a look at the picture the age is running with for this story, can't wait till they crash and burn.

i cannot believe them .........

they are more than a joke

(still using a needle over our logo for that that dont want their eyeballs burnt by clicking anywhere near that rag of a site ) 

scumbags

crap :(

am very anxious as a supporter right now!

i dont like the 'no ceo' line as gunston has been from all reports outstanding and would take someone very impressive to take the spot he has said he wants long term!

Yep, looks like we are screwed off-field. To lose most of your coaching panel plus have an interim coach, how on earth can the game plan we have been working on for 3 years continue in the current form if there is no one there to continue with it?

I asked this question in another thread, but did we make a mistake by giving Hird an extension?

Probably.  Who would want to coach for one year in a club that has lost pretty much its entire coaching staff with a senior coach already appointed beyond that year. Abother question though, is what player would want to cross to an Essendon seemingly in disarray. What was once a bright future is rapidly losing its gloss.

Hmm...  Essendon with an asterisk next to it. I wonder what happened 100 years ago?

Time capsule:  Nuthin' much. 

NO MORE TRB!

crap :(
am very anxious as a supporter right now!
i dont like the 'no ceo' line as gunston has been from all reports outstanding and would take someone very impressive to take the spot he has said he wants long term!

The rumour doing the rounds was that Steve wood has got the job. Is taking some time off and will be announced at the B+F. Again this is just a rumour.

NO MORE TRB!

The Replacement Box?

NO MORE TRB!

I've been a fool, I have been cruel
You put your faith in me

Ask myself why, no alibi
Now that you're facing me
Did things my way, I've had my say
Sometimes I crossed that line
But it seemed like a good idea
Seemed like a good idea at the time

NO MORE TRB!

The Replacement Box?

The second wife?

Shame he's leaving. He did a great job with the back line, turned them into one of the best in the league.

Thanks Sean, it has been great having you on board but remember to close the door on the way out. Coaches come and coaches go but the club still survives to win another day. It has been that way since the game was founded.

Jobe. Captain-Coach.

Shame he's leaving. He did a great job with the back line, turned them into one of the best in the league.

agree. Sad to see you go Welly, but you did a hell of a job with our backs. Carlisle and Hooker, Bags have come on in leaps and bounds since you have been back. All the best for the future!

Wellman is a cracking bloke for those that have met him.

Someone said Egan and Reid gone? Sauce?