Sean Wellman to coach the 12 #breaking #exclusive

A kind offer from Malthouse, but not sure he is the best person for the job given his track record at Carlton.

No thanks, couldn't think of anything worse.
Really? Nothing worse has happened to us in the past three years? I can name two without even thinking deeply.

The players should take a good three to four months off and do what they’ve always wanted to do.
No training (from Hird or anyone else), just enjoy life. They might enjoy a European or American summer or whatever takes their fancy.

Then in July / August, they can begin getting fit and ready for the pre-season coming up.

Tend to agree. I think the players are best served my getting away from footy completely to mentally freshen-up. Go travelling. Do whatever they want, but take a break. Get some perspective on life. Then come back mentally and physically refreshed full of motivation and energy, physical and mental.

Come on guys he hates chicken ■■■■ Stevens as much as he hates us.

EFA

A kind offer from Malthouse, but not sure he is the best person for the job given his track record at Carlton.

Track record st Carlton? You could go back in time and get sheedy, jeans, barrassi, norm smith, lethal, merge them all into a coaching mega beast and you still wouldn’t have got that list to do anything but wear a ■■■■■ on a bus in the off season. And even then they’d get it back the front. Sorry to be graphic but they where a ■■■■■■■ rabble.

the very thought of following a game plan laid out by Malthouse that would involve putting your body in harms way, helping your mates and doing it for the jumper where completely foreign notions. He was doomed from day one.

Bunch of squibs. Why he put his hand up to coach them is beyond comprehension.

No thanks, couldn't think of anything worse.
Really? Nothing worse has happened to us in the past three years? I can name two without even thinking deeply.

The players should take a good three to four months off and do what they’ve always wanted to do.
No training (from Hird or anyone else), just enjoy life. They might enjoy a European or American summer or whatever takes their fancy.

Then in July / August, they can begin getting fit and ready for the pre-season coming up.

I agree that players should take a break… But seriously mate, I was alluding to mick training the players when they do comeback … Not comparing it to what they’ve been through or the worlds great problems.

I don’t mind the idea. He seems a knowledgeable individual and if nothing else will be able to give some guidance to the blokes on how to start working on a life outside of football.

He seems a grumpy old ■■■■■■■ when involved in footy but I reckon outside of it he’d be an interesting guy to have a beer and a chat with about life.

Track record st Carlton? You could go back in time and get sheedy, jeans, barrassi, norm smith, lethal, merge them all into a coaching mega beast and you still wouldn’t have got that list to do anything but wear a ■■■■■ on a bus in the off season. And even then they’d get it back the front. Sorry to be graphic but they where a ■■■■■■■ rabble.

the very thought of following a game plan laid out by Malthouse that would involve putting your body in harms way, helping your mates and doing it for the jumper where completely foreign notions. He was doomed from day one.

Bunch of squibs. Why he put his hand up to coach them is beyond comprehension.

You make some fair points there…

It’s just a rant really.

The most important thing is ■■■■ Carlton.

Seriously, though - quite valid points. Especially compared to the way Malthouse had Collingwood’s list playing. You’re right - says more about Carlton than it does Malthouse.

I didn’t mind him tbh. He was grumpy arrogant and rude to the media. He made Barrett and co look stupid on many occasions, my favourite being when he went that Denham half with from the age. Eddie nobbled him and downright humiliated and patronised him at the end. He went back into coaching for all the wrong reasons after that, probably driven by revenge ■■■■ Carlton.

Sorry that just slipped out.

Ead malthouse. Im sure the players remember your comments last year.

Actually Eat a whole bags on dicks

Enemies become friends?

I like the idea

I’d prefer if he didn’t.

I think people here are missing something important. Malthouse was the Weagles coach for 10 years from 1990, which included 157 of Worsfold’s 209 games. He was coach when Worsfold was made captain in 1991 and remained so for eight years winning two premierships together. Worsfold retired a year before Malthouse finished at the club in 1999.

Me thinks the two might be on speaking terms and also would have quite a few intermediaries if needed.

Malthouse and Buttifant will need to clean up their act for this gig.

How many of our players have been coached by a premiership coach in the last 5 years apart from Bomber who was in a fill in role?

The more premiership winning experience we have on our side the better. Who cares who it is, and you know what they say

Malthouse is better than no house.

I'd prefer if he didn't.

Prefer if he didn’t coach? Or prefer if he didn’t eat a whole bag of dicks?

Loves his players, hates the media.

Good enough for me.