Season 2015 - Brisbane

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Isn't the type of guy you would want around a footy club.

Is a great footballer but a flog of a bloke.

That is coming from a person who played along side him.

Yep. And on the contrary, Skipworth is a helluva bloke, great cook, leader and mentor.

Still not sure we’re winning on that decision though.

Eating is more important that football.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Yep. And on the contrary, Skipworth is a helluva bloke, great cook, leader and mentor.

Eating is more important that football.

Just ask Jay Neagle.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Put me down in the 'prefers football ability over cake baking ability' column, also.

A reply to: @Black Kavanagh regarding QuoteLink

Where? All the fellas I know rate him

He was a real ■■■■■■■■ at Auskick

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Black Kavanagh regarding QuoteLink

Where? All the fellas I know rate him

Brisbane.

Quoted Post

He was a real ■■■■■■■■ at Auskick

I heard he had the ball on a string at Auskick…well it was a rebound footy so that explains a bit

Beams reckons Brissy are closer to a flag than Collingwood lol.

Quoted Post

I reckon Beams is right.

They are a few years away, but a midfield of Beams, Christensen, Redden, Rockliff, Rich, Aish, Robinson and Zorko should be competitive. And thats without the other midfield rotations in Taylor, Mayes and Adcock along with injured Hanley.

They just have too good a midfield and actually ended last year well without Redden or Rich playing.

I think they’ll make the 8.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I reckon Beams is right.

Me too. But both are still a few years away.

Same, they need a couple of solid (if not outright star ) talls at either end before that’s on the cards, but I could see them getting into the 8 next year.
Collingwood are a year or three behind in the rebuild.

I think they’ll go very close to the 8. Expect them to finish 9th-11th.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/08-15/tim-watson-flogs-barrett-for-lions-gaffe
Tim Watson flogs Barrett for Lions gaffe Joshua Papanikolaou | 21 Aug 2015, 12:36PM

Football journalist Damian Barrett copped a flogging on Morning Glory from Tim Watson for his inaccurate story of a falling out between two Brisbane players.

He claimed that Lions captain Tom Rockliff and his deputy Dayne Zorko were not seeing eye-to-eye and that the skipper’s leadership style had alienated his teammate.

Both players were quick to strongly refute the claim on twitter with Rockliff confirming that the pair were close and was incensed Barrett had not consulted him to confirm the story.

“My flog goes to Damian Barrett who went with a story last night on Channel 9 about the alleged disharmony in the Brisbane Lions,” said Watson on SEN radio.

“There was a withering response from the skipper there, Tommy Rockliff.”

Watson compared it to a similar situation where he was forced to set another journalist straight regarding the departure of James Hird as coach of Essendon.

“I got called by a journalist through the week, who put to me a story that was so farfetched and full of bunkum that I thought it was laughable,” he explained.

“But they were going to go with the story and it related to the Essendon Football Club.

“It was along the lines that the parents of the players had driven the sacking of James Hird – that’s how ridiculous the story was.

“But, this particular journo thought there was some validity, now they didn’t write the story but that’s not to say they thought it was right.”

With free agency, coaching positions available, trade speculation and possible rule changes there is almost an unprecedented level of hype leading into this finals series.

“Now, that’s what we’re dealing with sometimes when journalists get whiffs of a rumour or speculative piece and decide that’s got some validity,” added Watson.

It is happening due to newspapers seeking the quick story to break as the internet age bites into their revenue. It has gone from compiling and investigating a story over time to quickly throwing anything out there as clickbait. The truth is not necessary.

So, a story about a story about nothing, with reference to another story about nothing, but they tell you all the details of the nothing, just in case you wanted to know stuff that didn’t happen.

My word they suck.
Had me well and truly fooled.

Me too.
I’ll be cheering for them this week, though.
O my wordy lordy doo-dah-day yes.

Is Leppitch a rubbish coach?

Is the list just really soft?

Is it both?

I hadn’t looked at this thread for months, and started with Beams’s comment on the two. Then I realised it was from 3 months ago.

The game has changed slightly and we probably missed it.
There was a time there where having key forwards kicking goals didn’t matter so much and it could be covered over by a dominant midfield.
Brisbane at full strength have an awesome midfield (they’ve gotten nothing from Rockliff and Hanley) by their tall forwards are too young and cannot hold their own on a consistent basis.
I’m not sure if there are state to back it up, but the all out defensive style of Ross Lyon and Paul Roos of yesteryear is not good enough anymore. Even Freo are more attacking and have to hit the scoreboard.

I thought they’d sneak into the eight, but they look three years away from that unless they aggressively attract decent tall forwards.

To be fair on Rockliff everytime he plays he gets knocked out or injured

To be fair on Rockliff everytime he plays he gets knocked out or injured

He’s the Ziebell of Brisbane.