Season 2015 - Carlton

A reply to: @ivan regarding QuoteLink

don't think i have ever seen a club steadfastly ignore the gaping holes in their list the way carlton have over half a decade.
Footscray.

A reply to: @Bombers08 regarding QuoteLink

Rowe has got the CHB position. Everitt 3rd tall defender.

Reckon Jaksch will play fwd.

Everitt was playing wing/half forward. Far too flaky to trust in the backline.
White was the preferred 2014 option but (with Jamison) that gives them 2 of their 3 options as short, slowish guys with no footskills or rebound at all. IMHO they will be hoping like hell that Kreuzer shows something forward, allowing them to swing Henderson back.

They’re not getting any value out of Kreuzer IMHO. He is a competitor, he has a engine, but he is just not an impact player IMHO. Running him alongside 1 or evn 2 other rucks reduces him to nearly irrelevant.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @ivan regarding QuoteLink
don't think i have ever seen a club steadfastly ignore the gaping holes in their list the way carlton have over half a decade.
Footscray.

fair call

'Cept I reckon Carlton are a bit better at the paper bag jobs than Footscray are.

A reply to: @Paul Peos regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Windy Dill regarding QuoteLink
They are going to get worse before they get better. The kids they've got aren't that good. I can see them being a bottom four team pretty soon, and for it to be a long re-build before they are competitive again.

A few years ago I thought I couldn’t hate a team more than I hate Carlton. Then they hired Mick Malthouse.

Menzel will have to get used to carrying an entire club for about 7 years. Minimum.

Lucky for him it's bad knees and not dodgy shoulders or crook backs that run in the family given all the heavy lifting he has coming up over the next 7 years. It is also fortunate that most of the team have no hearts, making them a little lighter.

Fark Carlton.

I reckon the lowest point of our season was drawing to the ■■■■■. They are ■■■■■■■ hopeless, they are 2006-bad and if we even think about losing to this mob in round 3 I will burn the place down.

But but but…didn’t they sack Ratten because he could take them to the finals but kept falling short of top 4 / contender LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

EXODUS

Carlton’s head of recruiting Shane Rogers has quit the club on the eve of the 2015 season, a matter of months after signing a new contract.

Rogers, who was elevated to head of recruiting before the 2012 season, has left in the wake of Carlton’s restructure of the club’s recruiting and list management. It was well known in AFL recruiting circles that Rogers was unhappy with the restructure, which saw him reporting to the club’s new general manager of list management, Stephen Silvagni.

Rogers had signed a new contract with the Blues mid-way through last year following conversations with the hierarchy, including incoming president Mark LoGiudice, who arrived with a mandate to beef up and improve the club’s recruiting and list management department.

The terms of Rogers’ departure are not known, but sources have confirmed that the decision to leave was entirely his own.

The Blues are set to examine their recruiting department and decide how they revamp it without Rogers. The club has three full time recruiting staff, in addition to Silvagni.

Rogers, who previously worked at Fremantle and Collingwood, becomes the second senior Carlton recruiter to exit the club on the eve of the season, following the departure of Wayne Hughes - whom Rogers had replaced as head of the recruiting department - just before the 2014 season. Hughes has since landed a job with St Kilda.

Silvagni, who is a close to LoGiudice, was lured back to the club as list manager, after holding the same position with Greater Western Sydney since the new club’s foundation.

Rogers also is the third senior executive to leave the club this year - his exit following that of Carlton’s long serving chief financial officer, who has gone to Williamstown as CEO and the club’s head of sponsorship leaving three weeks ago.

Last game v Fark Carlton was on Fox Footy briefly this morning. How we didn’t win that by 10 goals I still don’t know.

Fark Carlton. Fark.

Exodus indeed. Another season of Blooo mediocrity coming up.

Quoted Post

still, a carlton side which is nearly as ■■■■■■ as melbourne is a damn scary prospect for us.

Indeed.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
still, a carlton side which is nearly as ■■■■■■ as melbourne is a damn scary prospect for us.

Indeed.

HTFU - lvan.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Indeed.

HTFU - lvan.

Can’t argue with history. The amount of times the underdog team has won in Carl v Ess matches over the last 15 years is uncanny. It worked against us in the early 00s (and of course '99), and then we get to enjoy it in the '09-'12 period.

In other news, the amount of carlton supporters already jumping off after Friday night, is there any other supporter base as bandwagon as Fark Carlton?

Sydney supporters are banwagon, why do you think the AFL has assisted in keeping them up near the top of the table for the last ten years.

Quoted Post

Sydney supporters are banwagon, why do you think the AFL has assisted in keeping them up near the top of the table for the last ten years.

Shots fired

But so true Sydney/GWS are the AFL pets

Biggest issue will be Malthouse, how many wins will he need to keep his job? I can’t see them getting any more than 9-10, so that would be 2 seasons outside the finals, plus a bogus finals appearance when they didn’t deserve it. Doesn’t read well,mans is he the guy that will oversee a 3-5 year rebuild?

I honestly can’t see them getting anywhere near nine wins.

Will be delicious to see the media, supporter and club pressure mount on Shithouse if they perform as I expect. Imagine the press conferences! He’ll be feral*

*Maybe even more than usual.

Quoted Post

Will be delicious to see the media, supporter and club pressure mount on Shithouse if they perform as I expect. Imagine the press conferences! He'll be feral*

Bet you any money Stevo will be front and centre, armed with a ridiculous question that will push Mick over the edge.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Will be delicious to see the media, supporter and club pressure mount on Shithouse if they perform as I expect. Imagine the press conferences! He'll be feral*

Bet you any money Stevo will be front and centre, armed with a ridiculous question that will push Mick over the edge.

Would be sick if all the journos who are cvnts are there and Shithaus just decks everyone. Win win situation.