Season 2015 - Collingwood

I think Maxwell, while being average one on one really held the defence together. It was kind of like the Saints defence under Lyon where Blake, Dawson and co individually were average but as a group they worked well together.

I couldn’t believe last year how bad the skill level at Collingwood was, it was seriously as bad as we were for a few years from about 07-11.

I don’t think Bucks will make a good coach, his game plan is quite rigid and inflexible, doesn’t seem to have a plan B and when Cloke is shut down, they have no avenues to goal.

This is another team where we really need to start beating on a consistent basis if we want to cement ourselves in the top 6.

Maxwell was underrated.

Im interested in seeing if Scharenberg and Freeman can make the best 22. Their first 2 picks of last draft.

I think the fitness issues will way heavily on their season. Trouble will be if it effect the development of players or not. Freeman Scharenberg DeGoey etc will make a very good base midfield for the future, if they start playing.

I think they have a top 10 talented side, but will fall outside this once injuries test their depth again.

They will continue to recruit well and we will see them rise again soon.

I’m not so against bucks as others, I think he is trying to drag them into a more professional outfit left by mick who had a bunch of highly talented loose cannons.

Levi was a good pickup and I think we will see him become a real helper to pendles.

I don’t mind (quite like actually) Buck’s endeavor to make them more professional, just seems like he’s a poor communicator which is the death knell of most coaches

It is said that Essendon have not won any finals since 2004. However I believe the Anzac Day match is equivalent to a final in intensity.
Maybe not a Grand Final, but must run a close second. So, the assertion that we dont have finals experience, that we haven’t won a final etc etc while technically correct , in reality, every year we play in at least one game with finals intensity.

Anzac Day this year is special. its the 100 year anniversary. So I reckon the intensity will lift a bit more.

I agree with the general principle that ANZAC day is a great experience for the team.

But it’s not a final. A loss doesn’t end your season and a win isn’t necessary to win the premiership.

Anzac day is ‘like’ a final, in the same way that owning a pet is like having a kid.

It’s not.

And, in any event, isn’t our recent record in Anzac Day games only marginally better than our recent record in finals?

It snot

OK agree its not a “final”. Its too early in the year to ever be the “end of your season”
What can you say about the intensity of the Anzac Day match? Training drill, NAB cup, normal game .

I have seen Essendon win it and the coach and players have made a big deal about winning it. More than a normal game IMO.

OK, those of you contesting the notion that the Anzac day match is “like” a final.

2014 Anzac Day match MCG, attendance: 91731
2014 EF2, North vs Essendon MCG. 78554

In this case the attendance was 13,000 more at the Collingwood Match. Just in terms of crowd alone more significant.
In terms of rivalry, greater, in this case

Your season isn’t over if you lose on Anzac day. Very different mentality, it’s not just a crowd size & intensity thing.

Quoted Post

Your season isn't over if you lose on Anzac day. Very different mentality, it's not just a crowd size & intensity thing.

This.

Quoted Post

Anzac day is 'like' a final, in the same way that owning a pet is like having a kid.

It’s not.

#teamdogs

Saga starts alongside Collingwood illicit drug problems, Saga finishes alongside Collingwood drug problems.

Lachlan Keefe and Josh Thomas reportedly tested positive

My friends that ar Collngwood supporters will now be copping a mouthful from me! Thomas and keefe bye bye YOU CHEATS

ESSENDON ACTED ALONE… by not using banned drugs.

Quoted Post

My friends that ar Collngwood supporters will now be copping a mouthful from me! Thomas and keefe bye bye YOU CHEATS

I’d say give it 24 hours…