Season 2015 - Geelong

Wont make the top eight.

Is it as simple as Cats out Crows in?

Wont make the top eight.

Is it as simple as Cats out Crows in?

Roos wont either.

Geelong has sold the farm - No certainty to make finals in 2016, and top 4 is a big reach.
But bought the country?

No certainty to make finals but they are a far better chance than before trade period.
They got Selwood, Danger and Henderson and I believe they’ll still get Zac Smith.

I think they’ll they’ll leapfrog the Crows for a spot in the 8. Not sure if they are top 4, but they definitely can make Prelim week just like North have the last few years.

Geelong has sold the farm - No certainty to make finals in 2016, and top 4 is a big reach.

So on the same day it is announced that Geelong seek a handout from the AFL, the cats announce the signing of tommerhawk on a 5 year deal.

Gee Whiz, Wow Wee.

Three cheers for the equalisation fund.

How are Geelong going to play with a 20 day break?

How are Geelong going to play with a 20 day break?

Will be interesting to see. Believe Bartel is back in consideration so a handy inclusion.

Financial strife for Geelong?
Time to hit Essendon with a governance fine.

If they’re got financial problems with the stadium expansion handouts & favourable fixturing & recent success they’ve had, they’re absolutely ■■■■■■.
Answer to their request should be ‘no’.

Thread needs to be renamed “2015 - Geelong AKA Tin Rattlers”

If they're got financial problems with the stadium expansion handouts & favourable fixturing & recent success they've had, they're absolutely ■■■■■■. Answer to their request should be 'no'.

I was thinking the same thing. Costa came in there, fixed up the finances, fixed up the onfield issues, gained many handouts to expand and grow, they have won a number of premierships over a sustained period of 6 years or so and STILL they are in a mess.

Yes let’s keep expanding the competition and propping up even more clubs.

I can understand why they ask when COllingwood, Hawthorn etc have been given money by either the AFL, the state or fed Government, or all three.
It’s absolutely nuts they should get given taxpayer or league money.

If a big, top-end club, with their own ■■■■■■ brand spanking new stadium can’t make money: the system is broken.

And knowing the AFL, it’ll be full steam ahead and handing out money left right & centre, until the music stops, and whoever’s left standing will be ■■■■■■, on a totally random & arbitrary basis.

Sounds like a governance issue to me. But since it’s not us let’s keep giving them money.

If they're got financial problems with the stadium expansion handouts & favourable fixturing & recent success they've had, they're absolutely ■■■■■■. Answer to their request should be 'no'.

Beyond ridiculous
3 flags from 2007 to 2011, made finals since 2011 and the first year they aren’t gonna make it they ask for a handout
Fark them and their arrogant bandwagoning supporters

I hope it fails spectacularly!
No you don't. You want them to lose to us in the Grand Final. That way Carlton only gets pick 17 for Henderson.

P.S. Fark Carlton.

Cats Looking at picking up Dangerfield, Scooter Selwood, Leuneberger + Henderson

Cats Looking at picking up Dangerfield, Scooter Selwood, Leuneberger + Henderson

Best of luck with that and keeping all the players who want to play on.

essendon circa 2005 written all over it (i hope).

If they somehow got all of those players and kept Motlop they should be audited for salary cap rorting.

No way they’d be under the cap after that.