Season 2015 - Hawthorn

I preferred the song for North Fitzkildaroy.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Premiers 2015 I reckon. ■■■■■■ jealous. But they did what most clubs dont.. gut a list in 1 season and rebuild from there.
Huh? When have they gutted the list heavily?

They cut 11 players in 2010.

Quoted Post

Wish this had of happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNUuLhnpnaE

Imagine if they merged now?

Hang on, I think they did last year with Frawley joining the Hawks.

That’s about as far as the merge would’ve gone too I reckon.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Premiers 2015 I reckon. ■■■■■■ jealous. But they did what most clubs dont.. gut a list in 1 season and rebuild from there.
Huh? When have they gutted the list heavily?

They cut 11 players in 2010.

Wampbell, Carl Peterson, and Wayde Skipper the only guys who'd played more than 6 games for them. Is losing 1 half decent old bloke, cutting 2 plodders & a heap of blokes who barely played and were nowhere near the best 22 considered a gutting these days?

Might as well be playing an under 17’s 2nd side, but they look scary good.

Didn’t even hit 3rd gear, either.
Coupled with Richardson’s interview prior the game, it was hilarious.

But yeah… Even though it’s just a crappy nab, they did look slick. Have some extremely promising young stars…

If I hated a team, it would be hawthorn.

Was interested to her Brereton talk about how at the Hawks they have a whole heap of role descriptions (for players roles) written down on cards and they put all those cards into a box and have players draw them out each week.

Players (obviously) often draw roles that aren’t theirs and it’s their sort of ‘homework’ for the week to study that role (as well as their own) and understand the intricacies of it to gain a better understanding of how all the roles fit together.

If that is the level of detail that Hawthorn have gotten to in their preparation and teaching it is little wonder they are so far ahead of the pack.

Yeah, that’s a nice insight. And I imagine if Brereton divulged that, there is a whole lot more we won’t hear. Footy has moved on far further than most of us probably know.

Nice to see free agency working the way it was intended, as an equalisation measure, they were talking about Patrick Dangerfield on Footy Classified last night and how the only club that could stop Geelong getting him as free agent was the Hawks.

Nice to see that a team that is highly likely to threepeat can afford to make a serious free agent bid for Dangerfield.

I know they lost Franklin but seriously the system is well and truly ■■■■■■ if the Hawks can pick up Paddy Dangerfield as a free agent at the end of this season.

Their head office guys don’t mind coming out and saying how drugged up players should be banned and how Gil is an awesome bloke.

Do
Not

Quoted Post

Their head office guys don't mind coming out and saying how drugged up players should be banned and how Gil is an awesome bloke.

Do
Not

Agree

Some clubs should not speak about illicit drugs - Its so hypocritical.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Their head office guys don't mind coming out and saying how drugged up players should be banned and how Gil is an awesome bloke.

Do
Not

Agree

Given at a minimum 15/18 clubs have a positive test I’d say it applies to most, if not all.

That said, I don’t disagree with the premise of what he said (that playing AFL is a privilege and requires certain lifestyle choices), just his first offense ban idea
Good way to ruin an 18 year old’s life and end up creating dozens of Ben Cousin’s

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Do
Not

Agree

Given at a minimum 15/18 clubs have a positive test I’d say it applies to most, if not all.

That said, I don’t disagree with the premise of what he said (that playing AFL is a privilege and requires certain lifestyle choices), just his first offense ban idea
Good way to ruin an 18 year old’s life and end up creating dozens of Ben Cousin’s

They wouldn't have won 1 flag, let alone 3, without some of their 'strike' boys.

Is there any other sport in the world that tests players for illegal drugs on non match days though?

IMO, the afl tried to take the high moral ground for the general public, while giving the players an easy out with 3 strikes and self reporting.

Surprise surprise, it makes it easier to do drugs! Until they can’t keep covering up that the players are on the gear quite a bit, and people are ‘accidentally’ taking PeDs

Now the ‘brand tracking’ says the fans don’t like, and Roosy don’t like, and cuz prob gonna kill someone if not himself.

The genie is out of the bottle

Quoted Post

Is there any other sport in the world that tests players for illegal drugs on non match days though?

IMO, the afl tried to take the high moral ground for the general public, while giving the players an easy out with 3 strikes and self reporting.

Surprise surprise, it makes it easier to do drugs! Until they can’t keep covering up that the players are on the gear quite a bit, and people are ‘accidentally’ taking PeDs

Now the ‘brand tracking’ says the fans don’t like, and Roosy don’t like, and cuz prob gonna kill someone if not himself.

The genie is out of the bottle

No.
The AFL have, yet again, said one thing (“world’s best testing”) and done another (“but you can dodge the tests as easily as saying the word”), and yet again, people are getting hurt.

NFL only tests for illicit drugs during the offseason (except for players with a record). So yes, other sports do have out of competition drug testing, it’s just something that isn’t mandated by the WADC.

So Hawks the club that has multiple players with drug strikes and secretly fobbed off depressed players is now the industries beacon in discussing the illicit drug issue. what a sick world !

dat new clash jumper…

ROBOTS IN THE SKY

Just add sequins and they’ll be wearing it out after the game.