1. Nathan Jones
  2. Dom Tyson
  3. Bernie Vince
  4. Lyndon Dunn
  5. Daniel Cross

2013/2014 Rising Star Noms

Jack Viney

Ins
Jeff Garlett, Hertier Lumumba, Sam Frost, Ben Newton, Christian Petracca, Angus Brayshaw, Alex Neal-Bullen, Billy Stretch, Oscar McDonald, Aaron Vandenberg (rk), Mitchell White (rk)

Outs
James Frawley, Mitch Clark, Shannon Byrnes, Dom Barry, Mitch Clisby, Daniel Nicholson, James Strauss, Sam Blease, Luke Tapscott, Michael Evans, Alex Georgiou

My prediction

I am not one that buys into the whole Roos mythology, he is clearly a good coach and had great results at Sydney but they have continued that without him as well. That being said, there as clearly an improvement in their game last year, maybe not as much as people would have liked but they tidied their defense up despite what I am sure will be a greater focus on attack this year I am not sure on where the improvement will come from.

They have cleaned out the list and lost a couple of good players and a lot of very average AFL footballers. They have again had the benefit of early picks which at some stage they will have to get right. Lets hope for their sake they develop Petracca and Brayshaw well as they should be exactly what Scully and Trengove were supposed to be all those years ago.

Frawley is clearly a loss but not one they cant cover. Clearly Frost and Lumumba have been brought in to cover that. Garlett will bring excitement but there isnt a lot for a small forward to do without a good big man to play under.

I think clearly it ill be another development year for the Demons. I think they will improve on 2014 but not enough to be a genuine threat to anyone. I think they will finish in the 16-17 area but with a lot to look forward to.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink
Melbourne has the worst midfield in the competition. Of course they should load up on midfielders.
Jones Vince Tyson Viney

Thats a good start.

they didn’t need both Brayshaw and Petrecca.

Is there something wrong with you - Most clubs would have taken Petracca and Brayshaw.

As your post shows, Melbourne’s midifield is putrid.

A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink

Melbourne has the worst midfield in the competition. Of course they should load up on midfielders.
Jones Vince Tyson Viney

Thats a good start.

they didn’t need both Brayshaw and Petrecca.

After Zacka’s two goals to put us in front of the game against them last year I just knew we wouldn’t hold on, when they broke off half back on the members side I stood up, by the time the kick came into the 50 I was walking through the concourse on the top deck of the Great Southern Stand. Just knew it was going to happen…

Of course went back into the next bay to see the last 20 seconds after the goal thinking… maybe just maybe we could pinch it back.

Anyway. They’re ■■■■■.

Hope they fold.

Will still beat us in round 15

Im sorry but loading your team full of midfielders is a joke. They could have taken Wright to support their fragile forward line, while pinch hitting the ruck. They wont get all their mids they recruited with the first picks on the field in one game…

I can’t see Hogan setting the world on fire in his second year and already suffers enough back injuries…

AFL ‏@AFL 1m1 minute ago

Jack Viney will miss at least a month with a fractured fibula

Really cannot see what the hype over Viney is all about. Don’t rate him, tough & hard like his old man, but looks ordinary in all other aspects of the game

I rate him.

AFL ‏@AFL 1m1 minute ago

Really cannot see what the hype over Viney is all about. Don’t rate him, tough & hard like his old man, but looks ordinary in all other aspects of the game

when you compare him to wines, he hasnt been lucky on the injury front.
But he is miles ahead of Toumpas.

AFL ‏@AFL 1m1 minute ago

I know they say you make your own luck, and 'they' are most likely right, but...

Geez Melbourne are unlucky.

AFL ‏@AFL 1m1 minute ago

Yes they will finish 16-17 but they will still beat us.

A reply to: @scotty21 regarding QuoteLink

Yes they will finish 16-17 but they will still beat us.

Yep.

Beating these sht cnts is as big a hurdle for us as winning a final.

I hate watching these c***s carrying on like they’ve won a flag when they beat us.

Big list turnover, takes them a step or even two back, before they can take a step forward. This is a team that is going nowhere. This year we will smash them. They have a losing culture that is surpassed only by the Aints, that is not going to change in a hurry. The curse of Ronald Dale will continue.

Curse of Ronald Dale? Wasn’t it Norm Smith?

Some very good picks up in the off-season (both trade and Draft wise). They have plenty of young rucks in Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Spencer. But will any of them make it post-Jamar?

Hogan and Dawes would be a dangerous partnership but won’t worry top 8 teams (IMO).

I really rate Tom McDonald as a CHB. Reckon he’ll come close to winning AA in a few years time. Frost from GWS will be a good addition too.

I can def see a slight improvement, but won’t rise up the ladder too much. Prediction: 15th.

screw Melbourne