Season 2015 - Melbourne

Can see Melbourne winning 8 or 9 games. Hogan and Dawes are decent talls and their defence is solid. Getting more attacking flair from their midfield is the key.

Melbourne are going nowhere. Have a coach who desires boring and ugly football and who believes that his side must restrict the opposition to 6 goals and hope his team scores 7. In fact for the good of the code Roos should receive a lifetime ban!

Maybe 4 or 5 wins for the Dees, but this sadly will probably include a win over Essendon as usual.

A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink
Melbourne has the worst midfield in the competition. Of course they should load up on midfielders.
Jones Vince Tyson Viney

Thats a good start.

they didn’t need both Brayshaw and Petrecca.

If Vince is your 2nd line midfielder, you need everything you can get.
Wright slipped down to almost 10 didn’t he? So obviously more clubs than just Melbourne went off him.

Quoted Post
Melbourne has the worst midfield in the competition. Of course they should load up on midfielders.
Jones Vince Tyson Viney

Thats a good start.

Is there something wrong with you - Most clubs would have taken Petracca and Brayshaw.

As your post shows, Melbourne’s midifield is putrid.

nothing is wrong with me. I just look at their tall forward options and reckon if they went with Wright and one of Petrecca or Brayshaw and then pick up another midfielder next season would have been a better option. Next years draft is going to be thin on rucks and forwards. Most clubs have two go to forwards that that aren’t makeshift.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Jones Vince Tyson Viney

Thats a good start.

Is there something wrong with you - Most clubs would have taken Petracca and Brayshaw.

As your post shows, Melbourne’s midifield is putrid.

nothing is wrong with me. I just look at their tall forward options and reckon if they went with Wright and one of Petrecca or Brayshaw and then pick up another midfielder next season would have been a better option. Next years draft is going to be thin on rucks and forwards. Most clubs have two go to forwards that that aren’t makeshift.

Melbourne has decent depth in talls - No depth in their midfield.

Melbourne suck all over the field.
Literally no spot on the ground they couldn’t do with help in.

Melbourne Best 22
F Garlett Hogan Kennedy-Harris
HF Salem Dawes Dunn
C Jones Viney Trengrove
HB Lumumba McDonald Watts
B Terlich Garland Grimes
R Jamar Tyson Vince
Int Cross, Brayshaw Howe
Sub Petracca
Emg Toumpas, Gawn, Bail

Have included Trengrove even though he will likely miss a lot of football.

Pedersen, Bail, M Jones all played lots of senior footy last year, and melbourne would hope that they are not needed as much this year.

Hogan never heard anyone be talked up so much before their first game.
Will be interesting seeing him develop next to Boyd at the Dogs.
If Garlett and Hogan stand up then their forwardline is better.
Midfield was ok last year and will blood Brayshaw & Petracca who both look like they will play a lot of footy this year.

I would say their ins are better than their outs and Dees will improve only on last year real loss is frawley but his mind wasnt in it given he could earn more elsewhere + still help dees out.
They should finish above Stkilda again and the Dogs as well. A lot depends on having a heathy list if they can beat ies/blues/ us again:P
But you can safely say they will not be good enough for finals next year.

Frawley earning more at Hawthorn?

Really? Legit?

If that’s true it’s absolutely messed.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

Frawley earning more at Hawthorn?

Really? Legit?

If that’s true it’s absolutely messed.

He’s probably not earning more at Hawthorn, and certainly not more than Melbourne would/could have paid him. He was an unrestricted free agent because Melbourne front ended his deal, so Hawthorn just had to offer him a shot at a flag.

had totally forgotten that frawley had moved to the hawks. Fark Hawthorn

Harry O’Flog named in the leadership group lol.
Lumumsy!!

The Shiny Pwince

How could this club justify paying 95 % of the salary cap? So many of them must be grossly overpaid.

PRINCE LUMUMBA

Finals in 2016 and 50,000 members in 2017?

You’re kidding yourself Jackson

Free beer tomorrow.

sorry HAP what i meant was he could put a price on his head as a free agent…but if was all about $$$$ would have went to Fremantle.

Quoted Post

PRINCE LUMUMBA
Get it right, this is Roosy's team we are talking albout PRINCE LUMUMBSY

Might make finals in 2016 if they get an all star forward and defender.

Quoted Post

Harry O'Flog named in the leadership group lol. Lumumsy!!

I know 4 people who work, or have worked, for Collingwood.
They all reckon he’s an exceptionally nice person and contrary to the media, was well liked and respected by the playing group at Collingwood