Season 2015 - North Melbourne

They will rest him for the Subiaco game like they have for the last couple of years, so Fletch’s 400th will be the following week.

We got done last year the week after a WA game by the weakest team in the comp & history shows we don’t back up well after a Perth trip.

At least with the 2nd WA game, we have a bye the week after, that will help us enormously.

Good point

Got battered in the prelim, and their off-season moves won’t have made much inroads into that. I think they will probably be better in terms of win-loss (14-8) but, even if they got 15 hat still isn’t exactly a nailed on premiership threat. They’ll be 4th-7th.

Definitely not in the same league as Port, Swans and the Dawks.
Have them, the Cats and Dockers in the next rung.
The Roos always seem to have a good run with injuries, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Waite and Higgins have pretty good years
I’m not sure they’ll go with Petrie, Black, Waite, Brown and probably one of Tarrant or Hansen in the one side though
I also don’t think Greenwood is as big of a loss as some make out - they’ll still have a handful of good inside midfielders (Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington)

Greenwood was 2nd in their B&F, would’ve thought that constituted a pretty sizeable loss.

Quoted Post

Definitely not in the same league as Port, Swans and the Dawks. Have them, the Cats and Dockers in the next rung. The Roos always seem to have a good run with injuries, so I wouldn't be surprised if Waite and Higgins have pretty good years I'm not sure they'll go with Petrie, Black, Waite, Brown and probably one of Tarrant or Hansen in the one side though I also don't think Greenwood is as big of a loss as some make out - they'll still have a handful of good inside midfielders (Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington)
Ziebell's naught but a bigger Sam Lonergan. Wins 3 fantastic contests early on, looks a million bucks. Can't run by 3/4 time.

Titus O’Reily @TitusOReily
· 4h 4 hours ago
Jarrad Waite has been reported. Now he just needs to get injured for North fans to get the full experience.

@CameronClayton

Not sure if you can count last years’ result VS Freo and the result the week after that as diarrhea swept through the club and it cooked us lol.

2013; Beat Freo in W.A in a nail biter and backed it up the following week with a solid win VS Saints so recent history is ok.

I’m thinking Freo & North will have slowish starts to the year due to key injuries / “not a full pre-season” and t.b.h, if we don’t sustain injuries in the first several rounds I’m confident we have the cattle to put Freo & North away. Really hope we have Carlisle available though.

The Burnley or Stoke of the AFL who talk themselves up as if they are the Barcelona or Manchester United of the AFL

^ That means nothing to me, but I assume it’s an insult?

Quoted Post

^ That means nothing to me, but I assume it's an insult?
Its an insult to Burnley and Stoke lol

Quoted Post

They are a tiny irrelevant dull boring club who have so much hype and publicity around them.

In context, Burnley or Stoke are worth maybe in the tens of millions as clubs, Man U or Barcelona have individual players worth more than 100m

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

They are a tiny irrelevant dull boring club who have so much hype and publicity around them.

Very good. Definitely North Melbourne like, then.

If there ever were a club that could be deemed to have: “small man syndrome”, it would be North Melbourne.

So glad they got pumped on the weekend.

Incredibly overhyped and overrated.

Quoted Post

If there ever were a club that could be deemed to have: "small man syndrome", it would be North Melbourne.

So glad they got pumped on the weekend.

Incredibly overhyped and overrated.

Agree, the media’s love affair with them is baffling, they wouldn’t even exist were it not for equalization measures yet they beat their chests as if they are a powerhouse club

Quoted Post

They will rest him for the Subiaco game like they have for the last couple of years, so Fletch's 400th will be the following week.

We got done last year the week after a WA game by the weakest team in the comp & history shows we don’t back up well after a Perth trip.

At least with the 2nd WA game, we have a bye the week after, that will help us enormously.

We actually have 2 consecutive 6 day breaks (play the sunday before the Perth match)

Interestingly, we have 2 x 2 consecutive 6-day breaks and on both occasions we play North on the Friday night.

The more they struggle the closer brad scott comes to spontaneously combusting at a post game presser.

Quoted Post

The more they struggle the closer brad scott comes to spontaneously combusting at a post game presser.

He subscribes to the theory of expressing disgust and rage at the teams performance thus absolving himself of blame in order to save his own job.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Top graduate from the David Parkin school of coaching. Sheedy made that guy turn all shades of purple during his coaching carreer, it was wonderful to watch him explode multiple times in matches out at Arctic Park.

Brad Scott is a massive tool.