Season 2015 - St Kilda

I question their trading and recruiting. Letting McEvoy go was a mistake and then letting Stanley go ( after he finally showed progress ) are questionable decisions. They have a very inexperienced forward line - Heaven help them if Riewoldt is injured - Their midfield is well off the pace, though their defence is OK. Richardson will earn his stripes as a coach.

Their midfield is still weak for me. Sure, they have Dunstan and Billings but it’ll take a while till they start dominating opposition teams. They have McCartin and White set for the future with Delaney and Bruce on the other side of the field.

Their 2 ruckman also have plenty of potential (being first rounders) but still not physically strong enough. Prediction: 18th.

Will win the spoon this year.

If Reiwoldt goes down they will struggle to win a game

St Kilda to stay at their traditional place at the foot of the ladder in 2015.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Paul Peos regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Windy Dill regarding QuoteLink
You can't blame Lyon for going hard at the Premiership.

You can when they don’t win it, and then he just deserts them, leaving them with a list like he did.

When Lyon left they still had Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard, Riewoldt, and McEvoy, all still playing pretty good footy. That’s a key forward, a ruckman, and three pretty good midfielders. The list was in good shape IMO - and a better gameplan would have got that list a flag or two. I think Ross is a pretty good list builder - just don’t like his gameplan.

The list was built in the Thomas era, and was running thin on depth when Lyon took over. I’ve always felt that Thomas cost them a flag , particularly in 05 when he did nothing to stem the tide in Q4 of the prelim when the Swans were running rampant. Lyon’s gameplan took a list which had zero depth to a historical season and would have won the flag any other year had it not run into an all time great side hell-bent on redemption. Not to mention some great moves which nearly stole a GF from Collingwood.

Saints Best 22
B Dempster Delaney Bruce
HB Gilbert Fisher Newnes
CMontagna Dunstan Ray
HF Membrey Reiwoldt Billings
F Saad McCartin Siposs
R Hickey Steven Armitage
Int Templeton, Savage, Ross
Sub Curren
Emg:Longer, Roberton, Shenton

The Cellar Dwellers, can they get off the bottom of the ladder. most likely not due to the amount of kids they will be playing and recent exodus of senior players.

Positives - I really liked Hickey in the ruck last year, i know McEvoy won a grand final but i thought Hickey performed better individually in the ruck albeit only for 6 games. billings played like a number 3 draft pick. He should build again this year, and will hopefully avoid the sub vest this year.

Ideally Farren Ray doesn’t play a game, but sadly they need him and he would be one of their experienced players and i dont think he will be stopping a good reserves player from missing a game given their list.

If i was a saints supporter i would look forward to saad’s comeback, McCartin, bilings, Dunstans development.
Hopefully Membrey becomes a handy afl player.

Next year i think the saints need to pick up some free agents.with the possibly Dempster, Fisher, Montagna, Reiwoldt and Ray all going…

Saads joke about steroids is poor form i thought given his suspension and the fact our players are still awaiting their verdict. And i dont think it needs to be on the AFL website…dont know why they would want to publicise that.

Is Siposs stlil there?

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

Is Siposs stlil there?
Yep

Well there you go.
Remember when he was going to be awesome? Seem so long ago now.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

Well there you go. Remember when he was going to be awesome? Seem so long ago now.

His name is still awesome. 1 of 2 ain’t so bad.

They will do nothing. Nothing.

Except beat us in a game that would cement our spot in the top 4 while they sit about 34th on the ladder.

Quoted Post

Except beat us in a game that would cement our spot in the top 4 while they sit about 34th on the ladder.

Harsh.
I reckon redbull and pazza can take 'em.

A reply to: @Sniggles regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
A reply to: @Paul Peos regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Windy Dill regarding QuoteLink
You can't blame Lyon for going hard at the Premiership.

You can when they don’t win it, and then he just deserts them, leaving them with a list like he did.

When Lyon left they still had Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard, Riewoldt, and McEvoy, all still playing pretty good footy. That’s a key forward, a ruckman, and three pretty good midfielders. The list was in good shape IMO - and a better gameplan would have got that list a flag or two. I think Ross is a pretty good list builder - just don’t like his gameplan.

The list was built in the Thomas era, and was running thin on depth when Lyon took over. I’ve always felt that Thomas cost them a flag , particularly in 05 when he did nothing to stem the tide in Q4 of the prelim when the Swans were running rampant. Lyon’s gameplan took a list which had zero depth to a historical season and would have won the flag any other year had it not run into an all time great side hell-bent on redemption. Not to mention some great moves which nearly stole a GF from Collingwood.

Agree. I don’t know how anyone can be critical of Lyon’s coaching. It’s not pretty to watch at times, but he gets the absolute maximum out of his lists, and gives them every chance for success. Along with Clarkson, he is the standout coach in the competition.

A reply to: @dingus regarding QuoteLink

Clinton Jones

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @dingus regarding QuoteLink

Clinton Jones

At least if we play Gwilt in to form against them we won’t be mocked this time.

A reply to: @Pevers-Legend regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Henry's Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink
Well there you go. Remember when he was going to be awesome? Seem so long ago now.

His name is still awesome. 1 of 2 ain’t so bad.

Sounds like he was one of those kids with not quite standard gender and his mum and dad hedged bets on “Aaron” for a boy and “Erin” for a girl.

So according to the HScum this morning Jack
Billings has added 6kgs of muscle in the off-season.

Let’s hope that it’s not noticeable in his arms,
don’t want Gerard Healy to raise his concerns to anyone at the AFL.

Thoughts are with Nick Riewoldt who has lost his 26 year old sister to cancer.

Quoted Post

Thoughts are with Nick Riewoldt who has lost his 26 year old sister to cancer.

TERRIBLE!

Awful news. RIP Maddie