5. Robert Murphy

2013/2014 Rising Star Noms

Jack Macrae
Michael Talia
Marcus Bontempelli
Nathan Hrovat
Jake Stringer

Ins
Tom Boyd, Shane Biggs, Joel Hamling, Toby Mclean, Lukas Webb, Declan Hamilton, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel, Zaine Cordy, Roarke Smith (rk), Jordan Kelly (rk),

Outs
Daniel Giansiracusa, Tom Williams, Shaun Higgins, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney, Liam Jones, Jason Tutt, Christian Howard, Tom Young, Alex Greenwood, Mark Austin

My prediction

I dont know Luke Beveridge but it looks a lot like the lunatics had taken control of the asylum, surely the coach of the 14th placed team has the right to have some strongly worded conversations with his team and set much higher expectations. Hopefully for their sake Beveridge is not too cuddly. Mediocrity has been on the menu for a while at the Doggies and they need to harden up.

So what happens when you take the most experienced players out of a lowly placed team and let the young guys lead the way. History tells us that doesnt usually end up going in the right direction. At least not at first. There is not doubting the young talent they have uncovered recently but there is also no doubting the amount of talent they lost at the end of the season as well. I can see what they are building and I think the move to get Boyd was inspired and I believe it will pay off in the long term. In the short term they are about to receive another chance to pick up a high draft pick at the end of this season.

With everything that went down in the off season along with having a new coach it would be impossible to predict big things for the Bulldogs, especially this year. I expect them to drop down the ladder. They have enough talent to avoid the spoon but will probably finish 16-17th

Glad that Crameri is not at an absolute basketcase club.

Good for him.

They are going pretty well early on, but still think they are pretty shabby club to be paying a bloke a million a year when his output so far is 11 games, 9 goals and an average of 6.4 disposals.

Just can’t get excited about Tom Boyd, appears so average, without the no 1 draft pick status wouldn’t even be getting a game the way he’s been. Seems in line with overrated no 1 picks of the past in J Fraser, M Murphy, B Gibbs, J Watts, M Kreuzer, T Scully etc

I think he’s more Kreuzer/Scully - in that, whilst there’s not much to say he’ll become a superstar, he at least shapes up to fill out to a good size and a reasonable competitor (ie won’t necessarily dominate but won’t be beaten comprehensively too often).

The real failure of Murphy/Watts/Fraser isn’t just that they aren’t that good, but at times they’re flaky, making them a real liability.

Good for him.

They are going pretty well early on, but still think they are pretty shabby club to be paying a bloke a million a year when his output so far is 11 games, 9 goals and an average of 6.4 disposals.

Just can’t get excited about Tom Boyd, appears so average, without the no 1 draft pick status wouldn’t even be getting a game the way he’s been. Seems in line with overrated no 1 picks of the past in J Fraser, M Murphy, B Gibbs, J Watts, M Kreuzer, T Scully etc

Yup, deserves respect the next time we play against him. Everyone should know how he stood together with us when he was being pressured by his flog of a president to take a deal with ASADA.

Good for him.

They're just hoping like hell one of their newbie tall backs (Z Cordy, Hamling) can come through, cos they haven't blooded a good tall since Matthew Croft...

Brian Lake, Dale Morris?

If they’d kept Liam Jones that would’ve been 6 disposals between the 3!!

Somehow the Bulldogs won with their two key forwards getting 2 possessions between them.

So this Scott West look alike with a bigger neck goes alright.

They’re just hoping like hell one of their newbie tall backs (Z Cordy, Hamling) can come through, cos they haven’t blooded a good tall since Matthew Croft…

While the doggies take on the eagles at Subi my daughter who played in last years Melbourne Doggies Exhibition Women's game clocks up 200 games for East Fremantle Women's Football club this after noon

Congratulations, you must be very proud!

While the doggies take on the eagles at Subi my daughter who played in last years Melbourne Doggies Exhibition Women’s game clocks up 200 games for East Fremantle Women’s Football club this after noon

should be aiming for 8 to 10 wins this year. very achievable for them. their pace and pressure will unsettle hawthorn, not enough to win but they’ll be competitive and if the hawks creative half backs wonder too far up the field they will get caught out coming the other by the dog’s fleet of nippy and capable small/mid forwards . what the dogs lack, and what was so influential for us, is the ability to take intercept marks inside their defensive 50.

Steinberg also kept Hogan goalless in a game against Casey a couple of years back.

To be fair, he had Steinberg on him.

So if Berg is “just a good VFL player”, what’s Boyd?

A mediocre VFL player with an enormous bank balance.

And lots of potential to be the next great full forward, apparently.

So if Berg is “just a good VFL player”, what’s Boyd?

FWIW, "Million Dollar Baby" Boyd scored a grand total of 0.0 from 74 team inside fifties in the VFL game against us this past Friday.

Maybe we can take him on loan for next season?

FWIW, "Million Dollar Baby" Boyd scored a grand total of 0.0 from 74 team inside fifties in the VFL game against us this past Friday.

I literally lol’d at this.

FWIW, “Million Dollar Baby” Boyd scored a grand total of 0.0 from 74 team inside fifties in the VFL game against us this past Friday.