1. Dayne Beams
  2. Stefan Martin
  3. Mitch Robinson
  4. Dayne Zorko
  5. Allen Christensen

four way tie

2015 Rising Star Noms

Harris Andrews (Round 18)

Ins – Ryan Bastinac, Tom Bell, Jarrad Jansen, Joshua Walker, Josh Schache, Eric Hipwood, Ben Keays, Rhys Mathieson, Sam Skinner, Reuben William ®

Outs – Jed Adcock, James Aish, Mitch Golby, Matthew Leuenberger, Matt Maguire, Luke McGuane, Jack Redden, Brent Staker, Jordon Bourke, Zac O’Brien

My Prediction

When you finish 17th and you lose more quality than you bring in, then you can probably assume you are not in for a fun year. That being said, their list has more inherent quality than the Carlton list and their top end talent around the midfield is pretty good. Schache is the great white hope to fix up the forward line although he is a few years away from making a genuine difference.

I think there list is better than their results from last year and that points to the coach for mine. Before Voss was sacked there seemed to be a genuine optimism about their list and the direction they were headed. Things have not gone forward under Leppitsch and would suggest this year is going to be tough. It is easy to argue about the quality of the players they have lost but that also comes down to the coach. Losing the amount of players they have lost reflects something is wrong with the culture.

I think they should improve this year but then I look at the teams around then and I can’t see who they will climb over. Whilst the top end quality is good, it falls away quickly and they rely too much on too few for the wins they do get. Will not finish above 16th.

So what was the issue with him, how did he slip to 39 ?

Missed the bus on this one. I suspect Blitz will have a Morgan- Matho argument for years.

this kids a ■■■■■■■ nutter and I want him in our team.

Missed the bus on this one. I suspect Blitz will have a Morgan- Matho argument for years.

Only from people that generally don’t go into this forum.

I wanted him for no other reason than seeing some of those grill interviews they do where they ask the kids asinine questions and he looked like a seriously weird unit. On top of the darc-factor.

Very very disappointing, after how strongly they finished 2014, and the kids they’d blooded & unearthed - Taylor, Aish, Mayes, Paparone who look like proper class, and others like Gardiner & McStay .

In particular I find it hard to reconcile the list of names in their midfield - Beams, Zorko, Christensen, Rockliff, Pearce Hanley, Rich, Aish - and last year Redden - with how ■■■■ they actually play together. Something seriously stinks for mine. They sadly look like they’ve slipped back into the mess they were in in the earlier 90s, when they were no more than a collection of guys squeezing out a last few years of AFL, and younger guys who couldn’t quite make it stick at bigger clubs, with a few earnest, but limited goers. A bit of talent, which would occasionally show up, but no real core or belief.

Leppitsch needs them to start pretty well IMHO or he’ll find himself out.

Very very disappointing, after how strongly they finished 2014, and the kids they'd blooded & unearthed - Taylor, Aish, Mayes, Paparone who look like proper class, and others like Gardiner & McStay .

In particular I find it hard to reconcile the list of names in their midfield - Beams, Zorko, Christensen, Rockliff, Pearce Hanley, Rich, Aish - and last year Redden - with how ■■■■ they actually play together. Something seriously stinks for mine. They sadly look like they’ve slipped back into the mess they were in in the earlier 90s, when they were no more than a collection of guys squeezing out a last few years of AFL, and younger guys who couldn’t quite make it stick at bigger clubs, with a few earnest, but limited goers. A bit of talent, which would occasionally show up, but no real core or belief.

Leppitsch needs them to start pretty well IMHO or he’ll find himself out.

A lot of what they suffer from is due to the coach imo. He does not seem to have them focused and united, to me it seems there are divisions within the playing group and disagreements over his style as coach.

Brisbane

Coach – Justin Leppitsch

Points For – 17th
Points Against – 17th

Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Tom Rockliff
  2. Dayne Zorko
    3. Joel Patfull
  3. Pearce Hanley
  4. Jed Adcock

How bad were Brisbane! Patfull got third in the B&F while he was playing for the Giants.

Brisbane

Coach – Justin Leppitsch

Points For – 17th
Points Against – 17th

Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Tom Rockliff
  2. Dayne Zorko
    3. Joel Patfull
  3. Pearce Hanley
  4. Jed Adcock

How bad were Brisbane! Patfull got third in the B&F while he was playing for the Giants.

stupid google… thank you… almost fixed

I think they are moving forward despite a poor season. Injuries crueled them like no other team, but the kids are alright. They desperately need to find a key target up forward.

Where’s The Great ZO’B now?

Brisbane

Coach – Justin Leppitsch

Points For – 17th
Points Against – 17th

Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Tom Rockliff
  2. Dayne Zorko
    3. Joel Patfull
  3. Pearce Hanley
  4. Jed Adcock

It is fixed but it has Mitch Robinson getting third, surely that is typo? If not then they are in worse shape then we all remember.

Robinson was actually OK.
He’s a bit of a dumb player, very much straight ahead, but he has a real dip, all the time. They need more of that. Less of whatever Christensen was doing this year.

Robinson was actually OK. He's a bit of a dumb player, very much straight ahead, but he has a real dip, all the time. They need more of that. Less of whatever Christensen was doing this year.

Oh I have no problem with Mitch as a player, he does what is required and works hard, but he is very limited and if he is getting that high in the B&F then there are issues at the club.

They did finish 17th.

Plus he’s had the magic “not at Carlton” effect. Anyone who gets shafted from Carlton, instantly becomes decent when they leave - Waite, Sam Jacobs, Laidler, Eddie Betts, Garlett, etc.

Brisbane

Coach – Justin Leppitsch

Points For – 17th
Points Against – 17th

Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Tom Rockliff
  2. Dayne Zorko
    3. Joel Patfull
  3. Pearce Hanley
  4. Jed Adcock

It is fixed but it has Mitch Robinson getting third, surely that is typo? If not then they are in worse shape then we all remember.

He actually tied for first. He technically won their bnf

Ok attempt at best 22

B Clarke merrett paparone
HB Hanley andrews Mayes
C Rich Christensen bastinac
hf Taylor mcstay Zorko
F Bewick Schache Green
R Martin Rockliff Beams
Int C. Beams, Robinson Freeman Bell

Emg: West, mathieson, Keays

Also have hipwood, skinner who may show cameos as kpp relacements
Key players gone- adcock leuneberger, aish redden

Key players in bell, bastinac

Think they will get worse unless midfield gels better and rockliff has injury free year. Will rely on scache to step up and play well early they will hope he is a hogan or cameron.

Need to try and make gabba a fortress.

Effectively got mathieson for leuneberger thanks to compo

I’ve heard lots of grumbles (some from a past player) re. Leppitsch. I expect unless there is a dramatic turn-around in both the team’s fortunes and his personal style, he will be gone by mid-season.

I've heard lots of grumbles (some from a past player) re. Leppitsch. I expect unless there is a dramatic turn-around in both the team's fortunes and his personal style, he will be gone by mid-season.

There has been in talk in Brisbane that he’ll get a contract extension and it will be announced before the season starts.
I find that mind boggling.
I would have thought, all things being equal, he should be sacked if they finish bottom 6 again… which seems almost certain.

They clearly would have been better off keeping Voss

Leppa you got to let me know
Should I mcstay or should I go