Season 2016 - Fremantle

Bennell out for the year with calf injury.

Robbo spends two minutes speculating about whether it really is a calf or something else, then says he’s happy to take Lyon on his word that it’s a calf injury, then says hes hearing other things, then says that its just an injury, then says it’s probably more, then says he accepts what Freo say then says he’s not sure.

You made me dizzy!

Bennell out for the year with calf injury.

Robbo spends two minutes speculating about whether it really is a calf or something else, then says he’s happy to take Lyon on his word that it’s a calf injury, then says hes hearing other things, then says that its just an injury, then says it’s probably more, then says he accepts what Freo say then says he’s not sure.

Given he’s racked the pool cue at round 8 and put half the list on ice for the rest of the year, I think it’s fair to say there’s going to be a pretty big cull at the end of the year.
Biggest problem is that they seem to have so much dead wood to get rid of, on top of a dozen guys eligible for their pension who should probably retire

Man I love Ross Lyon. He should run football. Would set all the rules the way he wants and then tell anyone who questions them to nick off. No more “canvassing the fans”, etc.

Is it politically correct to say he's been put on ice?

pretty harsh man.But i have heard they have put him on a rehab diet of coke

Is it politically correct to say he’s been put on ice?

Slowly tanking.

FREMANTLE has confirmed star recruit Harley Bennell will miss the rest of the season due to a recurring calf injury in his right leg.

The 23-year-old former Sun has been troubled by a calf problem during the pre-season before injuring it again playing for Peel in the WAFL.

He suffered a further setback this week and the club has decided the best course of action is to rule him out for the season.

Bennell done for the season.

Nose injury?

Bennell done for the season.

The other thing is - where do you draw the line at tanking? I'd say Barlow was dropped because Lyon knows he won't be around in 5 years when they're next most likely to challenge for a flag

I actually think this is the correct response. It’s the old “rich” paradox.

If I give a man with no money $1, then another, then another, and continue forever, at what point is he rich?

If you look at how you’d approach a grand final, then take that back a half step, then another, then another, at what point are you tanking?

Apparently Jon Ralph said something today about Freo tanking. His evidence? They dropped Barlow against Hawthorn in Tassie.

Obviously that’s a game they would have won if they’d just had Barlow’s 20 touches at a questionable DE%. Good tanking Ross.

For a man who’s said a lot of incredibly stupid things over his time, that’s quite possibly a PB for Ralphy.

It makes you wonder how anyone takes people like Ralph seriously.

The other thing is - where do you draw the line at tanking?
I’d say Barlow was dropped because Lyon knows he won’t be around in 5 years when they’re next most likely to challenge for a flag

Apparently Jon Ralph said something today about Freo tanking. His evidence? They dropped Barlow against Hawthorn in Tassie.

Obviously that’s a game they would have won if they’d just had Barlow’s 20 touches at a questionable DE%. Good tanking Ross.

For a man who’s said a lot of incredibly stupid things over his time, that’s quite possibly a PB for Ralphy.

Sounds pretty spot on Allblack. Agree that during H&A they will still be a force & probably finish top 4, especially with their fortress at Patersons. Seems this year more than last few they will be relying on a few individuals , depth has diminished.

3rd place, I reckon. Win 1 final.

Please dive

Not much in or out, few players getting to the end. Would have to be their last ditch at a flag before a small refresh.

Stick a fork in freo. They are done

Yep, wonder if Lyon is looking for an exit strategy? Maybe lining up the Tigers job.