1. Bernie Vince
  2. Jack Viney
  3. Tom McDonald
  4. Jesse Hogan
  5. Nathan Jones

2015 Rising Star Noms

Jesse Hogan (Round 9)
Angus Brayshaw (Round 10)

Ins – Thomas Bugg, Ben Kennedy, Jake Melksham, Joel Smith, Josh Wagner (rk), Clayton Oliver, Sam Weideman, Mitch King

Outs – Rohan Bail, Daniel Cross, Jack Fitzpatrick, Jeremy Howe, Mark Jamar, Jordie McKenzie, Aiden Riley, Jimmy Toumpas

My Prediction

For those that read my last review of Melbourne before the server shredded it, one thing will be obvious. I make this crap up as I go. I type it and it is little more than a stream of consciousness. Hopefully though it is relatively similar.

Melbourne are the single most reliable side in the competition. They have been terrible for a long time and I expect whilst that is starting to change, it hasn’t yet. I would expect some improvement this year. They have built a formidable midfield, one that will eventually propel them into finals football. They have however generally neglected their KP stocks.

They have the best young player in the competition in their forward line. He is the single most desirable player in the competition. Hogan is the exact photo negative of Watts. He is arrogant, competitive and hungry. On top of that he is hungry for success. They should make the most of him whilst he is still there. They have put Garlett at his feet and between them they did well. Wont win enough games though until someone else enters the mix. They will be hoping that is Weideman but he is still years away.

The backline is also a bit of a one man band. McDonald was excellent last year, especially in the first half. Was surprising they didn’t try and get a little more support back there as well. They will continue to be undersized back there and unless someone steps up, it will hurt them.

All that being said. They have built a good midfield and they have the starts of a good forward line. They should improve this year. Not saying they will but they should. I would expect somewhere from 10-12 is about the mark.

Unfortunately - Melksham is unavailable for selection in the 22.

best 22
B Bugg McDonald Terlich
HB Lumumba Garland Grimes
C Viney Jones Vandenberg
HF Vince Dawes Salem
F Garlett Hogan Kennedy-Harris
R Gawn Tyson Brayshaw
Int Petracca, Trengove, Watts, Dunn
Emg Oliver, Weideman, Kennedy

They Lack key a good forward to help out Hogan - Dawes is average, Dunn never lived up to hype.
Watts probably just makes it into best 22 but he is still soft and protected on HBF.
a lot of top picks but side doesn’t really inspire me yet, They are still a few years off, maybe 2017 will see bigger improvement.

predicted finish 11-17th

They got a bargain in Liam Hulett… bloke looks like he is 30 (only 18) and ready made… out matched Weiderman in the 1 on 1 contest.

Jayden Hunt looks like he has developed nicely and has some elite speed.

“Paul Goodwin”

Roosy ain’t here, man. Roosy’s gone.

Key back are still a problem, I think they will rise a bit this year.

“THIS is why Paul Roos is renowned as a genius coach. During the Demons pre-season camp last month in Mooloolaba, the coach stopped training and called every player into the huddle.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-score-paul-roos-rewards-max-gawn-bomber-thompson-quits-radio-to-focus-on-fox-footy/news-story/c6308b8ebc75242b59d30fc221ca3142&memtype=registered

"THIS is why Paul Roos is renowned as a genius coach. During the Demons pre-season camp last month in Mooloolaba, the coach stopped training and called every player into the huddle."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-score-paul-roos-rewards-max-gawn-bomber-thompson-quits-radio-to-focus-on-fox-footy/news-story/c6308b8ebc75242b59d30fc221ca3142&memtype=registered

Nice paywall

You won’t believe what happened next.

That’s all he needs to do isn’t it? ■■■■■■’ genius that guy.

Anyone worked out what happened?

Anyone worked out what happened?

who gives a fark

Paywall lol

Paul Roos rewards Max Gawn, Bomber Thompson quits radio to focus on Fox Footy
February 16, 2016 7:00pm

THIS is why Paul Roos is renowned as a genius coach.

During the Demons pre-season camp last month in Mooloolaba, the coach stopped training and called every player into the huddle.

The session had been humming so the players and other coaches were perplexed as to why Roos wanted a chitchat.

When everyone gathered round, the coach called out ruckman Max Gawn.

Given his laid-back nature, most thought a spray of some sort was coming but instead Roos shocked everyone.

“That is the best training by a ruckman I have seen in 30 years of football,” Roos said.

He then pulled out a $50 note from his pocket and motioned to give it to Gawn as a reward for his excellence.

Melbourne do want it known that money didn’t actually change hands with a Ken Wood investigation not required.

lo-ucin-ol

Farkn

G
E
N
I
U
S

WOW. I’m in awe of his awesomeness.

What’s $50 worth these days?

How’s Brayshaw’s knee? Not rooted I hope?

What's $50 worth these days?
Give it to Humbert and find out.

Looking like they got that Oliver pick right.