Season 2016 - North Melbourne

Nahas, Farren Ray, Waite survive.

Hope springs eternal at Arden St.

Waite is one of their best forwards and works well with Brown, not surprised they didn’t get rid of him, it’s not like the league is awash is brilliant young forwards to replace him. Midfielders they can replace.

Shinboner spirit got kneecapped. Disgraceful way to treat players just before the finals. Must have given up hope of finals win.

Tow the club out to sea for a dive wreck.

“Lindsay Thomas Reef” no doubt

Lindsay Thomas Memorial Duck Pond.

farkinell%$(^&()()*__(&_(

This is the same club that whinged when grima decided to come out of retirement and have a crack as a top up for us. Pissant club behaving like a bunch of pissants

Waite is one of their best forwards and works well with Brown, not surprised they didn’t get rid of him, it’s not like the league is awash is brilliant young forwards to replace him. Midfielders they can replace.

Except that he’s Jarrod Waite.
About as consistent as me after a curry

Assume they’re all getting dropped this week and next then.

No point holding back games from all their bright up and coming youngsters if they need a rebuild.

I’d farking laugh if the four got picked for the final, and they all said “nah, we’re good thanks”.

Would never happen, but would be funny.

Waite has been a talented forward but is prone to injury & acts of stupidity.
He has kicked 2 goals since round 9 (yes he is injured but that’s the point).
He will be 34 yo round 1 2017.

How can he be part of a rebuild?

I read it differently. I see each of those players as being selfish and not putting the club first. They’re nowhere near a premiership and need to blood new players. They’d all know that yet all choose to put self interest first and throw club under the bus. All could have gone out with dignity and keep any dissatisfaction inhouse, but now it looks like the club is torn apart.

Younger players like Daw, Wood, mullet etc need a decent run at it to see if they’re good enough.

FOAD

Waite has struggled to get on the park this year like most of his career - He should have been about the first one to be delisted.

Scott obviously figured theyd have to move quickly to sign our top ups as free agents, and fair enough, I mean Tippa, Hartley, Brown and Bird would definitely fill some gaps and reduce their age profile.

Seriously though they are rooted. Even if Swallow wants to go there, GCS wont swap him for a bag of chips a North have literally nothing worth trading that they can afford to give away. They traded out their 1st rounder last year for Anderson (raging success) and they’d be ■■■■■■ brave trading next years 1st rounder because it could become a top 3 pick given how heavily theyve relied on the old blokes

Clearly NM are lacking communication skills. Secondly to treat the all times game record holder in the manner they have is bordering on bringing the game into disrepute.
To retire a player that you admit would still get a game on form is perhaps tantamount to match fixing in an oblique way.
Imagine if Fletchers retirement was treated in this manner? I would have microwaved my membership.
It might have been the best decision, and the players were probably ■■■■■■ off, but with good communications skills and a bit more time the club should have been able to persuade the players to announce their retirement, or announce they were seeking an opportunity elsewhere.
I have a lot of criticisms of Essendon especially over the last few years, however we have never stopped this low.
Never had any respect for either of the Scotts and the announcement today made it all about himself.

Amused when someone told me Waite has another year?

Waite has been a talented forward but is prone to injury & acts of stupidity.
He has kicked 2 goals since round 9 (yes he is injured but that’s the point).
He will be 34 yo round 1 2017.

How can he be part of a rebuild?

I agree. Making this call now, they are admitting what we have all known for a while - their list is ageing and without enough talent to go all the way. Given the players they are removing are in the top half of their list and they don’t have much talent or high draft picks coming through, it’s a rebuild.

Their problem is that they don’t have enough supporters to risk bottoming out so they are not prepared to do a full clean out and face an obvious reality. It’ll only extend mediocrity.

Clearly NM are lacking communication skills. Secondly to treat the all times game record holder in the manner they have is bordering on bringing the game into disrepute. To retire a player that you admit would still get a game on form is perhaps tantamount to match fixing in an oblique way. Imagine if Fletchers retirement was treated in this manner? I would have microwaved my membership. It might have been the best decision, and the players were probably ■■■■■■ off, but with good communications skills and a bit more time the club should have been able to persuade the players to announce their retirement, or announce they were seeking an opportunity elsewhere. I have a lot of criticisms of Essendon especially over the last few years, however we have never stopped this low. Never had any respect for either of the Scotts and the announcement today made it all about himself.

Don’t know if it was Scott, it sounds like the old management ploy, get the middle management to do the dirty work and then sack them as well.

Can't wait for Norf to sack Brad Scott via a tweet.

And for Brad Scott to find out when someone with followers RT’s it.

I laughed far too hard at both of these posts.

Well played.

It’s times like these that make me proud to be an Essendon supporter.
Our club has been fighting to retain our legends against the odds.* Norf just discards them when they’re no longer of use.

*Damian Barrett’s odds

LOL what a pathetic club run by morons. Can’t wait to see them at the bottom of the ladder next year with fewer members than GWS.

Crappy club for jerks

We’re about to pay tribute to 10guys who have been with us for 22 games. This mob dump their guys via text. Shinboner spirit.

Barrett the flog will stick up for the club tomorrow night on the footy show and blame Essendon some how.
*Second part may be exagerated.