Season 2016 - North Melbourne

Ha Ha!

Makes me wonder how North would have handled the sorry saga of it were them instead of us 3 years ago.

I would really like to know what discussions went on behind closed doors before this announcement.
I think that North finally figured out how much they have farked up their list management in recent years and have probably told all four that their time has come.
Harvey may the games record holder but I reckon he is probably a self centred prick as well and wanted to play on to hit the 450 games mark.
There really is no value to North in keeping him (imo), Petrie is a shell of his former self, Firrito has been surviving on one year contracts for ages now and both of them won’t help North’s rebuild.
Dal Santo is probably a bit unlucky.
As for Nahas and Ray…both are on the rookie list and can just be let go.

I would really like to know what discussions went on behind closed doors before this announcement. I think that North finally figured out how much they have farked up their list management in recent years and have probably told all four that their time has come. Harvey may the games record holder but I reckon he is probably a self centred prick as well and wanted to play on to hit the 450 games mark. There really is no value to North in keeping him (imo), Petrie is a shell of his former self, Firrito has been surviving on one year contracts for ages now and both of them won't help North's rebuild. Dal Santo is probably a bit unlucky. As for Nahas and Ray...both are on the rookie list and can just be let go.

Harvey was gone right from the time his book was released. Can’t lay sh*t on the great Wayne Carey and crap on the board.

The comparison with how Hawthorn is handling it’s ageing list is profound.

2 days ago Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson were each given 1 year deals. Compare that to yesterday’s shambles and we can see the difference bwetween being professional and amateurish.

What a ■■■■ club!

Nahas, Farren Ray, Waite survive.

Hope springs eternal at Arden St.

Waite is one of their best forwards and works well with Brown, not surprised they didn’t get rid of him, it’s not like the league is awash is brilliant young forwards to replace him. Midfielders they can replace.

Waite has struggled to get on the park this year like most of his career - He should have been about the first one to be delisted.

Is Waite contracted for another year?

The comparison with how Hawthorn is handling it's ageing list is profound.

2 days ago Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson were each given 1 year deals. Compare that to yesterday’s shambles and we can see the difference bwetween being professional and amateurish.

Bit easier when you have just won 3 GF’s in a row, people are hardly going to complain if you struggle a bit next year due to old age players staying one year too long.

I farking hate Harvey and Petrie but what a kent act by north to do that to two of their club champions. You have to let those guys do it their way and retire honorably. Have to wonder if there was a falling out between players and coach/club when they were told, because that announcement is an FU to those guys.

Dal santo, you should have been aware of the risk when you went there. As soon as they started to slide you would be gone.

Funnily enough they will be worse next year without them.

I like how north have gone about this with little fanfare.
Not that they had a choice.

Makes me wonder how North would have handled the sorry saga of it were them instead of us 3 years ago.

They would have completely imploded.

We broke them. Were 8-0 and 50 pts up at half time then a bunch of teenagers absolutely destroyed them in the second half and they’ve only won 3 games since.

We broke them. Were 8-0 and 50 pts up at half time then a bunch of teenagers absolutely destroyed them in the second half and they've only won 2 games since.

Brad was especially smug after that win too.

Loser.

I’m never going to be a fan of that shitstain club or the ferrett known as Boomer… but I still found myself feeling disappointed about the situation. I would be disgusted if our club handled legends like that…

I hope the club ends up with incurable culture problems and the next 30 years spent on the bottom of the ladder before being forced to ‘merge’ into Gold Coast.

We broke them. Were 8-0 and 50 pts up at half time then a bunch of teenagers absolutely destroyed them in the second half and they've only won 3 games since.

I love that observation.

They would have completely imploded.

sigh we can all dream I guess.

We broke them. Were 8-0 and 50 pts up at half time then a bunch of teenagers absolutely destroyed them in the second half and they've only won 2 games since.

Brad was especially smug after that win too.

Loser.

He's always smug. It's the denial that made it so laughable.

I am not going to lie, i am loving this. Seeing them being shown up for the awfully run club that they are- with 2 of the biggest flogs in the comp Scott and Brayshaw at the top of the club.

It’s going to be even better next year, when they are in the bottom 4- with no decent kids coming through. Barely getting 10k to games.

Players won’t want to go there- as they know they won’t get treated with the respect they deserve when the end comes.

They are going to slowly fade away

I can almost hear the tins starting to be rattled.

Life is good

Meanwhile on the North Melbourne BigFooty board, opinion is divided.

Only half are ropeable. Half.

The other half support how it was done or at least are nonchalant.

If we did this to Jobe it would be unforgivable and this place would meltdown.

I’ve never really bought into the whole ‘pissant irrelevant s**tstain’ of a club that gets thrown around here.

Now onboard entirely.

Meanwhile on the North Melbourne BigFooty board, opinion is divided.

Only half are ropeable. Half.

The other half support how it was done or at least are nonchalant.

If we did this to Jobe it would be unforgivable and this place would meltdown.

I’ve never really bought into the whole ‘pissant irrelevant s**tstain’ of a club that gets thrown around here.

Now onboard entirely.

So one person for, one against?