Season 2016 - North Melbourne

Fair bit of smoke being blown up their arses at the moment. According to mayo they are the best side in the comp right now.

I think this is looking like a pretty open year (at least until the Hawks get Hodge and roughy back) but norf, spare me.

More posts in this thread than members.

But they’ve beaten Brisbane. And Melbourne!

Frankly, if North went undefeated this year and won the next five straight flags they’d still be irrelevant. It’s their super power: nobody gives a ■■■■ about them and nobody ever will.

What a pissant ■■■■ of a club.

Fair bit of smoke being blown up their arses at the moment. According to mayo they are the best side in the comp right now.

I think this is looking like a pretty open year (at least until the Hawks get Hodge and roughy back) but norf, spare me.

Their draw is much tougher in the second half of the year.
Pretty easy run for them so far. Adelaide clearly the toughest game, but even that was in Melbourne.
The next few weeks will be interesting. Tough games against Gold Coast away and then Bulldogs. After that they’ve got it easy again with Saints, us and Blues, but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them drop one of those 3.

All in all, I expect them to drop off in the second half of the year courtesy of their draw and finish somewhere from 5th to 8th.

Think they give up too many points to be a legitimate flag contender. Expect the wheels to fall off as soon as they play a game at Etihad with the roof open anyway.

A very solid team - Still have doubts about their kicking skills out of defence - A strong press could force them into back half turnovers.

farknorf

A very solid team - Still have doubts about their kicking skills out of defence - A strong press could force them into back half turnovers.
But what about the shinboner spirit... more than makes up for any lack of ability / skill :wink:

After watching them last night I’d say no flag for them. Win loss ledger padded by an easy start to the year.

After watching them last night I'd say no flag for them. Win loss ledger padded by an easy start to the year.

Who else is challenging?
Could be they end up the best of a bad bunch

I refuse to buy into them

I refuse to buy into them

Same here.

Same.
I just…can’t.

Anyway - GWS for the flag.
Or Adelaide.
Or Swans.

Them being where they are on the ladder shows two things:

1. They have ANOTHER easy draw to start the year.

2. Just how poor the standard of the competition is this year. (Has been declining ever since 2013).

Their depth hasn’t really been tested.

After watching them last night I'd say no flag for them. Win loss ledger padded by an easy start to the year.

Who else is challenging?

GWS
Adelaide
Sydney
WCE

Who else is challenging?

GWS
Adelaide
Sydney
WCE

Geelong

They could win the flag, and I still wouldn’t rate them.

And theyd still be irrelevant