Season 2016 - North Melbourne

All time games record holder, champion of the club, 20 year stalwart, loyal as a dog, still playing good footy.

“Hi Brent, it’s Brad. Nick off”.

I am not going to lie, i am loving this. Seeing them being shown up for the awfully run club that they are- with 2 of the biggest flogs in the comp Scott and Brayshaw at the top of the club.

It’s going to be even better next year, when they are in the bottom 4- with no decent kids coming through. Barely getting 10k to games.

Players won’t want to go there- as they know they won’t get treated with the respect they deserve when the end comes.

They are going to slowly fade away

I can almost hear the tins starting to be rattled.

Life is good

I absolutely believe this. With the modern era of free agency still at its infancy, some people still don’t seem to realise the end product of increased player movement. If you look at US sports you can see exactly what starts to happen. There are ‘destination’ clubs and there are ‘no go’ clubs. Those clubs that are considered ‘no go’ find it much much harder to land the big fish and often need to over pay by a lot to get players to go there.

Players are now well aware that it is a two way relationship between club and themselves. If you don’t give respect, how do you expect to get it in return?

There is a fine line between ruthless and just wrong and I believe norf is on the wrong side of that line.

Or to put it another way… Hawks are about as ruthless as you get… I would be stunned, absolutely stunned, if we suddenly got a press release stating they had released Hodge, Mitchell and Burgoyne after notifying them by text message just 1 hr prior. Simply would not happen.

I just wish their farking club would fold.

We’re giving Grima, who’s played 2 or 3 games with us, a bigger sendoff…than they are with their 1400 plus games.

The north the

Can north even afford to fold? surely there’s some sort of stamp duty on the paperwork. And the stamp.

It was the right move and probably the only way to motivate such an ordinary club… counting down the minutes until someone hunts down Derek Kickett for a comment. He was a shinboner after all.

Meanwhile on the North Melbourne BigFooty board, opinion is divided.

Only half are ropeable. Half.

The other half support how it was done or at least are nonchalant.

If we did this to Jobe it would be unforgivable and this place would meltdown.

I’ve never really bought into the whole ‘pissant irrelevant s**tstain’ of a club that gets thrown around here.

Now onboard entirely.

So one person for, one against?

no, its actually left side of brain v right side of brain

I'm never going to be a fan of that shitstain club or the ferrett known as Boomer.. but I still found myself feeling disappointed about the situation. I would be disgusted if our club handled legends like that..

I hope the club ends up with incurable culture problems and the next 30 years spent on the bottom of the ladder before being forced to ‘merge’ into Gold Coast.

Everyone saying I hope we wouldn’t treat our club legends like that - might want to remember how coach James Hird was treated for us to gain ‘clean air’. Might be a little different but I’m not happy at all in the way Hird was treated by Essendon at the end.

I'm never going to be a fan of that shitstain club or the ferrett known as Boomer.. but I still found myself feeling disappointed about the situation. I would be disgusted if our club handled legends like that..

I hope the club ends up with incurable culture problems and the next 30 years spent on the bottom of the ladder before being forced to ‘merge’ into Gold Coast.

Everyone saying I hope we wouldn’t treat our club legends like that - might want to remember how coach James Hird was treated for us to gain ‘clean air’. Might be a little different but I’m not happy at all in the way Hird was treated by Essendon at the end.

Too right we didn’t treat Hird the right way… it was disgusting and it still hurts (for me at least) but, and it is a small but, the situation was a little more understandable and for vastly different reasons.

The bigger issue is even though we may all hate Boomer (I certainly do) he hasn’t played bad footy this year… he is still likely to be in the top 10 B+F and is a large reason why they win (if they win). He is in outside running downhill skiing squib… but that is always want he has been.

Perhaps they don’t owe the other blokes as much… but Harvey has played long enough, and well enough, to deserve to go out on his terms. I could understand if he had been an anchor this year or whatever… but he was still mentioned in their bests just two rounds ago. Just seems really heartless especially when you consider there isn’t exactly a heap of talent waiting to bash down the door. They have a lot of 20-23 year old deadwood that could have been cut first.

Nahas, Farren Ray, Waite survive.

Hope springs eternal at Arden St.

Waite is one of their best forwards and works well with Brown, not surprised they didn’t get rid of him, it’s not like the league is awash is brilliant young forwards to replace him. Midfielders they can replace.

Waite has struggled to get on the park this year like most of his career - He should have been about the first one to be delisted.

Is Waite contracted for another year?

no.

The north the

I like it.

They have completely destroyed their culture. From the past two decades they will be remembered as the club whose greatest player ever dishonored his best mates wife and the club whose “opportunistically” fired one of their greatest players. Should have gone to the Gold Coast when they had the chance, as they now have less supporters than them.

Waite is one of their best forwards and works well with Brown, not surprised they didn’t get rid of him, it’s not like the league is awash is brilliant young forwards to replace him. Midfielders they can replace.

Waite has struggled to get on the park this year like most of his career - He should have been about the first one to be delisted.

no.

Really? And they kept him and got rid of Harvey who has been kicking goals this year?

Meanwhile on the North Melbourne BigFooty board, opinion is divided.

Only half are ropeable. Half.

The other half support how it was done or at least are nonchalant.

If we did this to Jobe it would be unforgivable and this place would meltdown.

I’ve never really bought into the whole ‘pissant irrelevant s**tstain’ of a club that gets thrown around here.

Now onboard entirely.

What if we did it to Fletch and Jobe?

no.

Really? And they kept him and got rid of Harvey who has been kicking goals this year?

Not necessarily.

Are they privately seething or is it cheaper to go public

Good to see Dal Santo, Firrito and Petrie turn up on the Footy Show for the hospital fundraiser thing.
That, and Brayshaw’s explanation makes a whole lot of sense (so far at least)

Sh-t club, no fans.

Makes me wonder how North would have handled the sorry saga of it were them instead of us 3 years ago.

They’d have been wound up half way through the 2013 season. Nothing club.

Makes me wonder how North would have handled the sorry saga of it were them instead of us 3 years ago.

They’d have been wound up half way through the 2013 season. Nothing club.

3RD TEAM IN NSW