Season 2016 - North Melbourne

The Norf Senior players paused for a quick photo before the older ones were delisted.

The ones that are left are very concerned about the expression on the face of the Kangaroo logo.

You can tell what sort of year they will have on the field when their # 1 issue is the logo.

have you wandered over to the Apparel thread to discuss the new EFC training jumpers?

Waite out injured for 6 weeks with another injury. What are the odds?

A week for every goal he missed?

2 Likes

Pretty high given his history

They have up 120 uncontested marks to 60. They’re lucky not to have been blown away by more

I read that Bonnar had minimal impact during their intra-club match on the weekend. I think secretly GWS were going to delist the first chance they got.

1 Like

How do you delist someone secretly?

Well since there is no one at North to tell, it’s pretty easy!

4 Likes

Season 2016 eh? Let’s make this a Blitz tradition where we don’t update the North thread each year just to point out the level of relevancy this club brings to the competition…

6 Likes

Good to see Majak Daw back, fit and healthy.

5 Likes

Yep - the only North Melbourne player I’d love to see have a brilliant 2020.

2 Likes

Really?
I don’t wish I’ll of him but if he ran around for Norf struggling to get a kick I wouldn’t be upset either

1 Like

I played footy against him as a junior, and he gave me the biggest towelling I’ve ever copped on a sporting field.

So, I’ve always wanted him to do well - because if he dominates at AFL level, I don’t feel so bad about him doing that to me!

3 Likes

come on. It’s not hard to understand why people want him to go well.

1 Like

I want him to get his ■■■■ together, but don’t wish any player from another team to do well.

Edit: unless they are in my SuperCoach team.

2 Likes

Season 2019 locked and everyone is talking in their 2016 season review: says a lot really.

Anyway, yeah i know it is Cornes, but he is right imo:

"It is understood that Brown is looking for a four-year deal from the Kangaroos, but the club is yet to increase their offer beyond three years.

After trying to poach a handful of big names in recent years – Dustin Martin, Josh Kelly, Jordan De Goey, Isaac Heeney and Andrew Gaff – with zero success, Cornes is staggered by North Melbourne’s stance on Brown.

“I’d be pretty offended if I was Ben Brown right now,” Cornes wrote on sen.com.au on Friday.

“This is the same North Melbourne that has offered nearly every big-name, out-of-contract player massive, multimillion-dollar, long-term contracts in recent years.

“They went fishing for a raft of players including Isaac Heeney, Dustin Martin, Josh Kelly, Andrew Gaff and threw a ‘godfather’ $5 million dollar deal at Jordan De Goey that he knocked back.

“Besides Martin, Brown is the equal or better than all of the targets North have tried desperately to attract. In an era where outstanding key forwards are rare, Brown has kicked more goals than any other player in the game in the last three seasons.

“188 goals in the last three years – yet North are only offering him three seasons. I’d be offended by that.”

1 Like

Considering what they were offering others to come to the Kangaroos.

The offer to Ben is a shocker. Most club’s would be glad to have him.

I’d offer him 5 years.

6 Likes

I don’t think Norf are ever confident of being solvent for more than the next 3 years.

4 Likes