Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Andrew Gaff
  2. Matt Priddis
  3. Josh Kennedy
  4. Luke Shuey
  5. Mark LeCras

2015 Rising Star Noms

Dom Sheed (Round 15)

Ins – Jonathan Giles, Lewis Jetta, Jac Redden, Luke Partington, Tom Cole, Matthew Allen, Jordan Snadden,

Outs – Dylan Main, Matthew Rosa, Scott Selwood, Callum Sinclair, Beau Waters, Will Maginness, Murray Newman, Rowan Powell

My Prediction

West Coast surprised a lot of people last year, myself included. I didn’t pick them to finish anywhere near as high as they did. The fact they did it despite losing so many key defenders early in the season speaks volumes for the depth of their list. They are well coached and have talent across every line.

The forward line is lead well by Kennedy who is a star. Impacts games whether he is hitting the scoreboard or not. Hill was pretty good for them last year, it felt like Darling struggled at times but still presents as dangerous. LeCras found his feet again and was dangerous and Cripps was very reliable. It will be interesting to see what they do with Jetta, I presume he will play forward with bursts through the middle. Probably the best forward line in the competition.

The midfield is consistent. It may not have the brilliance of other teams but it is reliable. If I had a criticism it would be that I am not sure they have players in the middle who can really change the momentum of a game. They have great players and are well lead by Priddis, Gaff, Masten and Shuey but I feel they need more brilliance. This could well be why we saw Jetta picked up. They need some brilliance. They would also want to see Redden at his best. With NicNat and Lycett there to ruck they are well covered. They will be hoping they never need to call on Giles.

We now know they have excellent depth in their backline. That being said, they would love to play the season at full strength. Schofield, Brown, MacKenzie and McGovern give them a great choice of talls. They have plenty of run as well and was good to see Wellingham finally play some decent footy past year.

I cant see them dropping after such a good year last year. They have plenty of talent and are probably only one truly elite mid away from being the best team in the competition. They could make a strong argument that they have the best forward line and the best back line. On that basis I would have to suggest top two again.

Going by yesterday's performance I reckon West Coast may have a Colin Sylvia type situation on its hands. with L Jetta. He doesn't give a sh*t.

I presume you were watching the WAFL then? Cos I didn’t think he played AFL . . .

Going by yesterday’s performance I reckon West Coast may have a Colin Sylvia type situation on its hands. with L Jetta. He doesn’t give a sh*t.

West Coast Eagles Best 22
B: Wellingham MacKenzie Hurn
HB: Buttler Schofield Sheppard
C: Gaff Priddis Yeo
HF: Cripps Darling McGovern
F: LeCras J. Kennedy, Hill
R: Naitanui Hutchings Shuey
Int: Masten Lycett Jetta Redden
Emg: Ellis Sheed Duggan

Additions - Jetta, Redden, McKenzie, Lycett to grand final team
Hard to squeeze Jetta & Redden in
assume they play 2 rucks.
They have a pretty solid midfield. with a few young guys who could be pushing up.
I have put McGoven forward but with 2 rucks maybe one KPP will miss out.
I think Jetta will enjoy the open spaces of Patersons stadium (if its still called that)
Hard to see this side going backwards.

Prediction 1-4

Imo Jetta will play half back.
Mackenzie, Schofield and Brown down back and McGovern as a forward/ruck with Lycett out of the side

I picked them for 2nd last year. They may end up 1st this time around.

West Coast Eagles Best 22 B: Wellingham MacKenzie Hurn HB: Buttler Schofield Sheppard C: Gaff Priddis Yeo HF: Cripps Darling McGovern F: LeCras J. Kennedy, Hill R: Naitanui Hutchings Shuey Int: Masten Lycett Jetta Redden Emg: Ellis Sheed Duggan

Additions - Jetta, Redden, McKenzie, Lycett to grand final team
Hard to squeeze Jetta & Redden in
assume they play 2 rucks.
They have a pretty solid midfield. with a few young guys who could be pushing up.
I have put McGoven forward but with 2 rucks maybe one KPP will miss out.
I think Jetta will enjoy the open spaces of Patersons stadium (if its still called that)
Hard to see this side going backwards.

Prediction 1-4

Good side.
Duggan is all class, he’ll be playing most weeks I think. Really, really rate him. Think they would be hopeful that Sheed continues his improvement too. There’s a lot of upside to this team factoring in the return of the key defenders, the addition of a line breaker in Jetta and the expected improvement from Yeo, Sheed, Duggan etc.
Guys like Masten, Redden (both already injured) and Hutchings will have plenty of pressure to keep their spots.

L Jetta will find himself back at the East Perth Eagles if he doesn’t increase output soon. Interesting how Sydney didn’t really try to keep him and getting West Coast to hand over C Sinclair instead of Scott Lycett as a straight for swap for Jetta was genius.

Looking that way. Jetta at his best would be good for the Eagles but not see often enough

The Jettas could be the new Mortons

What, sneak a premiership?

2013 was L Jetta’s last good season. 2012 was outstanding.

L Jetta will find himself back at the East Perth Eagles if he doesn't increase output soon. Interesting how Sydney didn't really try to keep him and getting West Coast to hand over C Sinclair instead of Scott Lycett as a straight for swap for Jetta was genius.

Did he even play on the weekend lol?

Also - lol at the commentators saying that Dawks are Weagles “bogey” side given they smashed them in the finals last year in WA

L Jetta will find himself back at the East Perth Eagles if he doesn't increase output soon. Interesting how Sydney didn't really try to keep him and getting West Coast to hand over C Sinclair instead of Scott Lycett as a straight for swap for Jetta was genius.

Also - lol at the commentators saying that Dawks are Weagles “bogey” side given they smashed them in the finals last year in WA

They said “at the MCG” not overall.

He did play, well he was out there.

They said “at the MCG” not overall.

Isn’t the MCG the Eagles’ bogey side?

Daniel Kerrs a ■■■■■■■ fruit loop

Daniel Kerrs a ■■■■■■■ fruit loop

We should still pick him up

Is Kerr one of the players the AFL retired?

Seems a right ****

He’s a real thinker that one.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/2445/violence-against-women/p9