Season 2017 - Adelaide Crows

Fascinating how they’ve legit lost a spine full of guns in the last 5-6 years and yet are clearly the benchmark in the comp at the moment

Davis
Bock
Dangerfield
Gunston
Tippett

It is an impressive achievement, after Tippett & Danger left,… but that is loyalty at work.

And I say this with all due respect & no humour, but there’s nothing quite like the tragedy that befell their well loved & respected Coach to galvanise a team & inspire that loyalty, along with the determination to “Do it for Him”, to get them working harder than everyone in the comp to win a flag.

That’s why I think it’s theirs already.

Hope our recruiters are watching keenly. They have a stack of players OOC and are bursting at the seams cap wise. Even if the cap is increased at the end of the year they will still have to release several players unless they are willing to take decent pay cuts

Kelly and Lever.

No chance on lever.

would 100% trade for in a heartbeat but no chance.

Doesn’t seem to be too much else OOC.
McGovern.
Not sure I’d got there.
How many third tall forward…

You’d have to think that if McGovern left, it’d be to the Eagles - going home and re-uniting with his brother - but then, he might not be a sooky mummy’s boy.

I’m prepared to take the risk on Laverde and/or Francis for that spot, and even then, hope that the game doesn’t evolve to 4 or even 5 small forwards becoming the norm.

Our most crying need is for midfielders with pace and a ruckman, preferably a second or third stringer from another club, and even more, a ruckman who’s had to force his way up by dint of the rookie list in the same way as Jacobs, Mumford, Nankervis et al.

Have no real hate for the Crows after the Phil Walsh stuff

They deserve some good to happen to them

I don’t think increases in the salary cap will make any difference to anyone’s list, tbh. It’s not like the extra money will only go to ‘chosen’ players. The players have fought for an increase as a group, not an elite cadre of more-equal stars.

1 Like

Sloane appendix out. Might miss R1 of finals.

Must be something in the water at the Crows.

It took Betts 13 days to make it back, Sloane has 9.

In the offseason we should have all our players appendixes removed.

Can’t get Appendicitis if you don’t have an appendix.

2 Likes

I had my ruptured appendix removed last night too as it happens. They are trying to tell me I can’t pick up my 13kg 21 month old daughter for 6 weeks.

If he plays he is on the goodstuff. And it is the goodstuff

1 Like

That’s some forward thinking. We should also have their hamstrings removed just to be extra cautious.

1 Like

Not to mention their calves.

And while they’re in there, they may as well get rid of those pesky ACL’s too,…they can cost a player a season.

AMBOCOP

1 Like

News coming through that Sam Jacob’s brother has died overnight at just 31

That’s farking terrible news if true.

That’s terrible