Season 2017 - Carlton

Never understood this line of thinking/reaction.

Person you don’t know, insults people they don’t know/unsure of their existence.

How is that offensive?

1 Like

this whole debacle has made me want to watch Baseketball again…

2 Likes

Well, clearly there’s a difference between country footy and in the burbs.

Down hither near everyone knew everyone else, and I just then in passing asked my lil’ bro, if, over his 20 odd years playing, he could ever remember any sledging about any family member to anyone on the field, … and like me in my 15 or so, the answer was a categoric no.

So whats the harshest sledge or insult you ever got in a game then? I asked, …"Well in a preliminary final once, this bloke was ragging me all day because when we first ran out and lined up for the bounce, the collar of my jumper was standing up, and he said to me,. “Look at you with ya stupid collar up,. Who the fk do you think you are?? ELVIS!!” And he didn’t let up on it the whole game.

That was the worst day of sledging he could think of.

I really don’t remember much sledging at all,… maybe getting told my ears were big, … or I looked like a hippy, … or Jibes about being a surfer, … like "Hey Duuuuuude, . are you gonna Hang Ten today??? Farken long haired wax heads etc.

The only insult I ever recall involving a family member, was a mate of mine in 4ths & then 3rds, … who would always taunt an oppo player kicking for goal with… “Ya Grandma wears Army Boots!!”, which often worked because they’d crack up as they went to kick & miss.

Never would it have been considered acceptable to rag on anyone’s family or partner, and I imagine if anyone had in that way, they would have been signing their own death warrant, coz they most likely would have had everyone on the opponents team within ear shot upon them.

Maybe even some of their own team mates… lol.

1 Like

Yeah, I realised once I hit reply that that was a stupid thing to ask… sigh

1 Like

Gee Voss was lucky back in the day for going full retard sledging his brothers moms sexual habits.

1 Like

Well BSD, I played in the burbs of Melbourne and in the bush, and there were comments about family in both.

In the EDFL, Clubs like Glenroy, Oak Park, Jacana, Strathmore and Pascoe Vale, many of us went to same schools and all had sisters and brothers. Common jibes about sisters or Mothers, and while maybe there was some aggro on the field, not common that anyone cared. If your sister was a ■■■■, then you just wore it, if she wasn’t then what was the issue. Much simpler days back then.

Heard a story today that when Michael Long came to the Club, one of the players got him a didgeredoo so he could play the boys a tune. Imagine it would not be a laugh today.

Honestly pretty ashamed at some of the stuff I said in the heat of battle.

1 Like

Don’t seem to get any sledging about family in country footy down here in Tas.
They’re all related!

6 Likes

I’m ok with people having boundaries.

I feel it’s ok when it’s racist, sexist and homophobic. I also feel it’s ok with your spouse. I like what long did and I like what the purple bombers do and I don’t see much difference whether or not it’s Murphy being offended or others.

I have my own and I’d walk from my workplace because of them.

1 Like
2 Likes

I need to save this video on my phone for every time a Carlton supporter says to me
“As of those players didn’t know what they were taking”

Fark Carlton.

1 Like

Season over for Fark Cripps!

Kid hasn’t had much luck with injuries but fark Carlton. Their midfield is much squibbier without him

If we don’t make finals at a minimum we have to beat ■■■■ Carlton. Don’t like cheering injuries but beating ■■■■ Carlton just got easier.

Jaksch delisted lol
Didn’t they waste a top 10 pick on the spud?

GWS took him early.
Not sure what Carlton traded to get him.

But given they have GWS in their pockets after so many ‘friendly deals’, you’d say they’ve done well out of it.

Carlton gave up pick 7 to get Jaksch, Mark Whiley and also got pick 19 back. Of which they selected Boekhurst.

Ahahahah! All may be chopped by end of year.

Well played SOS

Remember they gave up one pick for 5 players, how are those 5 going? I know lamb and plowman were 2 of those players

Carlscum 2017 season

Cant wait until Bolton decides to abandon the 18 man defence game plan. They will be busted wide open. We know it and so does Bolton. Does he have the nuts to do it? Bring on 2018

1 Like