Season 2017 - Carlton

If they get Fyfe they’ll be good enough to challenge finals and with some further development actually make it in a few years time.
Any comparison to how they got Judd is useless. Carlton actually won two finals on the back of Judd at the same time as giving up Josh Kennedy and a top five draft pick.
This time with Fyfe, they won’t need to give up anything due to free agency.
Oddly enough, their list now is in a slightly better condition as it was before they got Judd in that they aren’t relying heavily on teenagers.

They still have at least ten players on their list that they need to turn over and replace with better options.

I would far rather have a fantastic, hard working, skilful team under a good coach than a couple of superstars with superstar issues bringing in superstar disunity.

Nearly said almost exactly that myself, but ICBF.

No Fyfe. He will be the next Judd/GAJ star import catalyst for team disgruntlement & instability .

Wanted to ask if Eastie had heard the adage, “Rather have a champion team, than a team of champions” …?

There still in massive trouble, was always going to take time after the Malthouse experience but the’re still so far off it and losing Thouhy with the prospect of Gibbs looking to get out again at the end of the year will hurt

The 5 odd games they won last year was a false economy, they still had one of the oldest lists in the comp and with another mini list turnover/playing more youth and question marks over the actual talent of their youth may set them for another tilt at the spoon.

The last round flogging against us probably gives the best indication of where their at. Spoon for me

I would far rather have a fantastic, hard working, skilful team under a good coach than a couple of superstars with superstar issues bringing in superstar disunity.
Why would Fyfe bring disunity? Have you been hanging out with Shane Yarran lately?

The dwarf burners and Carltank are living in La La Land if they think they will get Fyfe.

If they get Fyfe they'll be good enough to challenge finals and with some further development actually make it in a few years time. Any comparison to how they got Judd is useless. Carlton actually won two finals on the back of Judd at the same time as giving up Josh Kennedy and a top five draft pick. This time with Fyfe, they won't need to give up anything due to free agency. Oddly enough, their list now is in a slightly better condition as it was before they got Judd in that they aren't relying heavily on teenagers.

They still have at least ten players on their list that they need to turn over and replace with better options.

Obviously right on the list front but you may need to give him $1.5 ish for 5/6/7 years to entice him. That can be hard to manage.

Going to be a lot of broken hearts when Fyfe signs back on at Freo

Fark carlton

Best 22

B: Plowman Weitering Silvagni
Hb: Docherty Marchbank Simpson
C: Curnow Cripps Kerridge
Hf: Thomas Curnow Petrevski-Seton
F: Wright Casboult Lamb
R: Kreuzer Murphy Gibbs
Int: Palmer, Graham, Armfield, Silvagni
Emg: Mckay, Boekherst, White

They would be hoping one of curnow or mckay comes on this year as a genuine key forward. And Casboult inproves his kicking

My colostomy bag this morning had more attacking prowess than this team…

Dead set pile of rubbish. Their list reeks from one end to the other. They have two decent defenders in Weitering and Simpson, an injury cloud always hangs over their main ruck, and apart from Cripps, their midfield is a bunch of suibbs. l do not rate Murphy, never really have. Up forward they have big Levi, who is as good a contested mark as he is bad at set kicking for goal. He makes Joey D’s issues look mild by comparison. Much has already been said about their recruiting policy. Since the GWS youngsters are yet to really show their wares, l will reserve judgment on them, although l will say, that l fully expect Big Jack’s legacy to continue and drag once promising junior players into the morass that continues to be Caaarlton.

Silvagni reminds me a little of The Langford in his play style/position etc. A year younger and obviously less developed though. In between size slim 3rd forward type. His strengths are clean touch and soft hands below his knees, and a twisty agility and quick sidestep in close that makes him hard to tackle. Don't think he has Langford's overhead ability though. Speed will never be his thing, and he's never showed the size/attitude/aggression to be a forward focal point either, and I've never seen anything to hint that a midfield move might be on the cards. He can sometimes lead up, but mostly he waits for the ball to come to him.

They’ll be hoping to make him a clever opportunist medium forward who can jag a few through smarts if not watched carefully. He’s quite capable of putting in a bag if his opponent tries to run off him and then he gets on the end of some rebound coming the other way. I reckon that’s his ceiling, whether he makes it or not is another story. But he’s a pick 50something, I guess they didn’t invest too much in him at least.

Thanks for that.

Was shocked when I Googled and verified he is 191cm. My guess would have been 180cm. Max.

Why would Fyfe bring disunity? Have you been hanging out with Shane Yarran lately?

A lot of the lesser players at Freo have been grumbling about him, allegedly.

Marc Murphy gonna be a forward apparently. :smiley:

Going forward could really work for Mark.

Have to be an improvement on the going backwards thing …

I’ll miss Hibbo and of course Dempo.

Best giff ever

Who knew how prophetical shopping hibbo out would be?

McKay will be a gun, imo.

Fark…oh, you know the rest of it.

Any truth to the rumour that Mark Murphy, desperate to be part of a successful team, is seeking immediate gender re-alignment surgery so as to be available for selection should Carlton Women make the GF?

Or is this just a Trump “alternative fact”?

If they get Fyfe they'll be good enough to challenge finals and with some further development actually make it in a few years time. Any comparison to how they got Judd is useless. Carlton actually won two finals on the back of Judd at the same time as giving up Josh Kennedy and a top five draft pick. This time with Fyfe, they won't need to give up anything due to free agency. Oddly enough, their list now is in a slightly better condition as it was before they got Judd in that they aren't relying heavily on teenagers.

No guarantee Carlton could get him for nothing. Freo could match like Adelaide did (or at least promised to) with Dangerfield. And Freo are also ■■■■, with retiring good players so they should have the cap room.