Season 2017 - Collingwood

Maybe.

I was listening When G Grljusich broke the Malthouse story and the subsequent Malthouse denial. Was also listening when he broke the N Craig to West Coast story and listening as all hell broke loose two seconds later. Worsfold was named as coach a couple of days later and I have no doubt that George was spot on and the outcry changed the appointment. Like what happened at Sydney when it looked like T Wallace was going to be appointed ahead of P Roos. This one I’m not so sure. On one hand I’d like to think B Hardie can be trusted but on the other hand, I can’t but help feel that maybe he over-reached in order to be seen as relevant again. His career has taken a big hit since Croc Media gave him the boot from 6pr.

1 Like

He wouldn’t have said it unless he had his “sources” or “info.” It doesn’t mean it was right but a guy like Hardie isn’t like the new age journos who will literally talk ■■■■ or say something inflammatory just to gain some relevance.

1 Like

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-16/i-expected-to-play-finals-adams-lets-ripe

One of the funnier footy articles l have read in recent times. The sense of entitlement players from this club still have defies logic, but here it is, hiding in plain sight. Had he stayed at GWS he probably would be getting his wish to play in finals, say in about two 3 weeks time.

I’ll admit, the error page when searching on the AFL webpage is pretty funny

What did Hardie say?

It’s at http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-16/i-expected-to-play-finals-adams-lets-rip for those wondering

Yeah but your coach is ■■■■ and your players are not accountable.

I’m confused, did they deserve on field success or did they let themselves down

LOLINGWOOD

His disposal is part of the reason they’re not playing finals

3 Likes

Wonder if he is still whistling the same tune now?
No l don’r. l don’t care. It just makes his comments even more laughable.

No wonder the snapshot of the Collingwood Bord meeting white board listed the players wish to be consulted by/ represented on the List Management group.

Imagine if Collingwood had brought in a Dangerfield quality player, compared with a Chris Mayne player. Imagine how shat off the players would be with the sack of potatoes the list management at Collingwood have delivered for thm to play with ?

I read that players wish another way. They want the list manager sacked.

1 Like

Watch out, Eddie, The PC brigade are about to come at you . AGAIN.

Heretier Lumumba has been interviewed for a TV special and there will be a big kerfufle about “how he was treated” the “culture” at the Pies, the discrimination, and how he has been denigrated by the club, who are mildly dismissive of his claims and patronising when referring to him.

You can bet gthere will be no mention of the famous bizarre Lumuba matters , including requesting a meeting wth Barack Obama, Heretier the Prince etc. keep the contents of this speech in mind if you watch the program, or read the articles it generates.

Heritier Lumumba thanks Collingwood in cryptic farewell speech

_Daniel Cherny _
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwood-magpies/heritier-lumumba-thanks-collingwood-in-cryptic-farewell-speech-20141004-10q6nq.html

Departing Collingwood dasher Heritier Lumumba has praised coach Nathan Buckley in a cryptic farewell speech at the Copeland Trophy count.

"Lumumba, who was called to the stage after finishing fourth in the best and fairest, paid tribute to the Magpies – his home of 10 years.

“I know what side of history I stand on, and I am so grateful that the Collingwood Football Club has allowed me to define my character and find the true meaning of my true name … which is the prince, the one who will hold the last laugh, and is gifted,” Lumumba said.

_Lumumba – a veteran of 199 games – walked out on the Magpies last month, flagging his intent to move across the other side of AAMI Park to Melbourne. Despite having endured a turbulent relationship with Buckley, Lumumba emphasised the way the coach had shaped his career. _

“My first mentor at the club was arguably the greatest player in the club’s history, Nathan Buckley, who guided me every step of the way, taught me what it took to be an AFL footballer, what standards you need to uphold in terms of discipline, relentless, excellence, and side by side,” he said.

"But the thing that I hold closest to my heart are my values, which are also congruent with the values of the Collingwood Football Club, and the No.1 most important value that this football club has is community.

Sometimes negative thoughts fester with the passage of time. Move on Heretier.

Lumumba suffering from a lack of relevance

2 Likes

Understand. When I left public office and lost (partial) control of public funds, those who sought funding, and formerly talked to me often (when they wanted grants and concessions) , rapidly transferred their attention to my successor. Roosters/feather dusters. thats life.

Have a sook Harry O you ■■■■■■.

The prince has returned.

Bit harsh on D Wells. When he’s played he’s been good.

Is the story of his entire career. Will be chiseled on his headstone. Good when he made it on the park.

Not sure why the Pies thought it would be different there

Spongy floors?