Season 2017 - Collingwood

Harry Obrien wanted to meet Obama in the Favelas.

That one was player driven. Board wanted and even signed Wallace, players wanted and eventually got Roos.
Wallace reportedly pocketed close to a mill for his efforts in not coaching Sydney.

1 Like

Wonder what day they’ll announce “Gubby’s” return.

Caro and co speculating that Gubby’s gone and that Lethlean will take Pert’s job. Eddie not jumping up and down about it.
As Gil said when Lethlean resigned, the AFL is forgiving and no reason why he could not work at an AFL club.

Unless something drastic happens he certainly aint gone, Im not sure he even left “unofficially”

Peter principle at work. Oh yeah!

Press Conference at 10:30 to announce Buckley’s future

1 Like

Going to get a 2 year extension apparently.

Not bad news

2 Likes

Arsene Buckley, job for life!

2 Likes

I reckon he’s a good coach who’s been unlucky. Players still are clearly playing for him.

3 Likes

Players might play for him, doesn’t necessarily mean he is a good coach. He’s not 100% of the blame, but I don’t think there are too many coaches who would get a contract extension after 4 seasons on the spin without finals. Unless you’re undertaking a rebuild job like Bolton at Carlton. Buckley took over a beaten Grand Finalist that went 20-2 in the H&A season and for 5 straight seasons went backwards in terms of win-loss and ladder position. That team was also younger than the '93 Baby Bombers, so I don’t buy the fact it needed a list overhaul…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call taking a team continually down the ladder for 6 straight years unlucky, I’d call that sh*t

His game style and recruiting has been deadset shocking for years

3 Likes

6 years of being unlucky

1 Like

Will give mayne a 5 year deal

1 Like

They recruited like they were in some kind of window, breathtaking arrogance.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Suck it collingwood

Eddie just cant admit to being wrong on his buddy.

1 Like

Let’s see next year then. I think I’ll be proved right.

1 Like

Epitomized by Lyndunn Dunn’s carry on after the game yesterday. Would have thought they won the premiership with the amount of celebration.

Peasant player for a bogan team

LOL

Unless they recruit 3 or 4 gun KPP’s in the offseason I’m quite content that they will again miss finals next year

2 Likes