Season 2017 - Collingwood

Happy for Bucks.

3 Likes

Bring on ANZAC Day

1 Like

I don’t think there is coach out there at the moment that is better than Bucks for Collingwood right now at this moment in time.

There’s no Clarkson etc available and if they go with a new untried coach, then it’s essentially a rebuild.

If his name wasn’t Nathan Buckley I think he would have been sacked.

Right decision at this time for Pies.

They need KPP. How much would they love father/son James Stewart right about now?

I think you will find he took great joy in being part of the team that ruined his old teams finals aspirations, more than just winning per se.

1 Like

Don’t think alot of Collingwood supporters are happy with this

Its baffling they didnt have a run at Stewart. So much faith placed in Mason Cox who himself looks like he is shopping himself around.

I wouldn’t use the term “unlucky”, a lot of what is happening was due to his actions as a coach. However, he and the club made a choice to try and clean out the club of a lot of off-field issue players, regardless of the lists age.

As you say later, the issue for them is what happens next year. They have shown enough at the end of the season to give some perspective of their ability so whether that can continue into the new season will be of interest. They have a decent midfield, an okayish backline and no decent tall forwards. They must recruits some forwards (and not pass up players like Stewart) if they want to win more games.

I’m pretty sure they did when we picked him up, but him and his old man were peeved that they didn’t pick him up originally as a father son as was indicated to them by the club, so they told the pies to stick it

3 Likes

Who do they think should have replaced him?

Lol… Just … Lol

Their membership numbers have already taken a massive nosedive. I cant imagine what Bucks’ reappointment is gonna do

So they just don’t care as long as their membership goes up?

What’s Scott Burns doing these days?

Most pies supporters i know want him gone. Im surprised that the coteries haven’t come out out publicly and called for his head a la knighta

If your position on the ladder drops as quickly as your membership figures, then change might be needed.

Was the review over that quickly?

Ballsy move. If they start poorly again then the knives will be out and they’ll have this distraction all over again, 2 year deal or not.

A new coach gives them some breathing space.

Heard on Saturday this was going to happen and was going to post it on here, but didn’t trust my source. Might have to trust him in future!

Going to the Hawks

1 Like

Someone will be coming in to be his director of coaching IMO.

Probably Eade coming back again. Ha!

As mentioned by others if they don’t sort out kpf and kpd depth they are in all sorts. Mason Cox might well leave to be number 1 ruck elsewhere too which affects ruck depth.

Chris Mayne, come on down.

Halfway through the year he was absolutely gone. They have been very good in the last couple of months. Reason for optimism. Also hope for at least two more years of mediocrity

1 Like