Season 2017 - Collingwood

Is Phillips anything like a ruckman? I thought he was a flanker/mid. #21?

Confusing him with the GWS Carlton player?

Jeez Crazy Bomber, I wouldn’t know more than 2-3 players on the other 17 teams . Every time one of their players tears us a new one, I get to know them , and dislike them intensely. Except for Green. He is one of us now.

A really good summary. They might do better than 13th but not by much. Incredible recruiting and agree with the Voss comparisons. Spending $600k on Wells reminds me of when my kids get some money for their birthday - It’s spent on crap that does not last just because they have some money and could not resist spending. If they waited a year there might be something actually worth spending their money on…too late, the money is gone.

Their midfield is good and I think Aish is better than what he has shown so far. Moore will be really good but not yet. Outside of that, very ordinary.

B: Howe O’Keefe Smith
HB: Langdon Reid De Goey
C: Varcoe Sidebottom Wells
HF: Mayne White Greenwood
F: Elliot Moore Blair
R: Grundy Pendelury Treloar
Int: Adams, Crisp, Aish, Fasolo

Emg: Maynard, Cox, Dunn
Dunn & Hoskin-Elliott depth IMO.

Cox in the twos and come in for injuries. I just think with the recruitment of Mayne they will play white/Moore with Mayne the Third tallish forward. Or leave white out for Cox.

Clokes was surely a better forward than White or Cox. I wonder how the clokes think about collingwood now?

Need to send a mid to the half back flank, thats why DeGoey is there, Although he did kick a lot of goals last year so might be better used up forward.

They have sold the farm for the midfield, so need to win the midfield battle to be a chance to win. Defence is lacking a bit of experience and Forwardline hasnt probably played that much together so will be inconsistent.
Varcoe and Wells together should provide some speed on the outside, but can they stay on the park?

Given pies ins/Outs I would expect them to improve to the 8-13th position.
I would give them a sneaky chance to make the finals but expect them to linger outside the top 8. Lets Say 11th.
Im not sure moving from 12th to 11th would be enough for Buckley to keep his job though.???

We better beat this mob they are average. Just need to shut Pendelbury and Treloar down.

B: Howe O'Keefe Williams HB: Langdon Reid De Goey C: Varcoe Sidebottom Wells HF: Mayne White Greenwood F: Elliot Moore Blair R: Grundy Pendelury Treloar Int: Adams, Crisp, Aish, Fasolo

Emg: Smith, Maynard, Cox

Cox in the twos and come in for injuries. I just think with the recruitment of Mayne they will play white/Moore with Mayne the Third tallish forward. Or leave white out for Cox.

Clokes was surely a better forward than White or Cox. I wonder how the clokes think about collingwood now?

Need to send a mid to the half back flank, thats why DeGoey is there, Although he did kick a lot of goals last year so might be better used up forward.

They have sold the farm for the midfield, so need to win the midfield battle to be a chance to win. Defence is lacking a bit of experience and Forwardline hasnt probably played that much together so will be inconsistent.
Varcoe and Wells together should provide some speed on the outside, but can they stay on the park?

I would give them a sneaky chance to make the finals but expect them to linger outside the top 8. Lets Say 11th.

Im not sure moving from 12th to 11th would be enough for Buckley to keep his job though.???

We better beat this mob they are average. Just need to shut Pendelbury and Treloar down.

Didn’t Williams move to norf? I Totally forgot about varcoe and greenwood. How many journey men pies recruit?

B: Howe O'Keefe Williams HB: Langdon Reid De Goey C: Varcoe Sidebottom Wells HF: Mayne White Greenwood F: Elliot Moore Blair R: Grundy Pendelury Treloar Int: Adams, Crisp, Aish, Fasolo

Emg: Smith, Maynard, Cox

Didn’t Williams move to norf? I Totally forgot about varcoe and greenwood. How many journey men pies recruit?

Oh so he did, I didnt see him in the outs above in the OP.

That backline looks fragile, and giving Wells 3 years is madness. Tall forwards bar Moore are rubbish too. 10th-14th.

Preseason going to script

Elliot injured again
Mayne on 2mil contract prob not in best 22
Wells on much the same injured again

Moore with no quality kpp help up fwd
Cloke revitalised and will dominate at Dogs

Look forward to Bucks and Eddie turning bright red all season as it unravels

7 Likes

18th!

2 Likes

WGAF?

Maybe on my own here, but I definitely GAF. Anything that’s bad for them is good for my soul. And talking about GAFF, I reckon WSPHU.

1 Like

So de goey lied about how he busted his hand, turns out he was in a fight.

Suspended for 3 weeks until after his recovery has finished

2 Likes

A bit like the new Zealand meat story. Pies busted for lying again.

2 Likes

From the Greenfield Post…

Collingwood are screaming out for help for Darcy Moore If only they had another strong key forward…

The Collingwood Football Club has started a season 0–2 for the first time since 2005, and the club itself has pointed to the lack of support Darcy Moore is receiving in the forward line as one of its biggest deficiencies.

Hmmm… if only they had ANOTHER KEY FORWARD.

The Pies’ decision to move stalwart forward Travis Cloke on at the end of last season was met with a mixed response from supporters, fluctuating from celebration to outcry.
There’s no doubt that Travis’ last few years at the club were marred by inaccuracy — well, his whole career has been marred by inaccuracy — but it seems that he finally lost the trust of Nathan Buckley in 2016, and was asked to seek out other opportunities.

Enter the Western Bulldogs.
Whether it’s the nurturing nature of Luke Beveridge, the Bulldogs swift ball movement, or the fact that their players can actually hit a target with a kick, a streamlined Cloke has performed more than adequately for his new club.
His three goals on Friday night against the Swans reminded the AFL world, and those retractors form the Pies, what the Big Fella could actually do on the footy field.
Now, it seems, that it’s the Pies that are screaming out for a player of Cloke’s mould.

On their self produced ‘The Agenda’ program on the club website, Jay Clarke and Michael Christian argued how the team could support Darcy Moore more.
Well the answer is simple, isn’t it?

Build a time machine and not give Cloke away for a cheap as chips draft pick.
They were happy enough to let Cloke go, and bank on Jesse White, Mason Cox and Lachie Keefe on providing ample support for Moore.
That’s right, an extremely average footballer, an American import, and a defender who has spent time out of the game due to a drugs suspension.
I can’t believe that it hasn’t worked out.
The Pies are in damage control, and this latest debacle is just another to add to the long list of embarrassments that have embroiled the club since 2011.

2 Likes

D Cloke had his say to the HS the other week saying Trav was crucified by Collingwood’s ball movement and Darcy Moore will be crucified too, unless and until Buckley tidies it up.
He’s ■■■■■■■■, but he’s right.

They’re like Essendon of about 2010. Lots of big slow plugger midfielders, and precious little pace and skill. They stay in games, but they don’t put sides away.

If only they had James Stewart.

Or Michael Hartley in the backline so Reid can swing forward…

3 Likes

Neither would help until they get some pace and guys who can kick.

Bucks not happy when Dois gets a free. Looks to one side, maybe he sees the writing on the wall, or the stains of coolaid on the wall from when Clarko smashed them against the wall of the coaches box.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/2X/6/6152dd97110b024f55b4de977260d313f11efe0a.gif

Cats off a 5 day break next. Buckley rapidly heading towards destination farked.

2 Likes

I’ll be devastated when the inevitable happens

2 Likes