Season 2017 - Collingwood

It’s pretty funny how ■■■■■■ off him and the pies in general are about it. Shows that their focus is just in the wrong place

Sooky lala

Was their any financial gain from mark of the year?

Car? $$?

I know there used to be but not sure now

1 Like

I can’t describe how pitiful I find this.
You get so used to the whole ‘It’s not really about individual awards…’ thing, and then this guy…
This Mickey Mouse, irrelevant friggin’ award that’s only there for a bit of fun…
Is no-one going to take him aside and tell him what a tool he’s making of himself?

4 Likes

Sooky lala is right, because if Tippa had taken that mark in the goal square Tippa would have beaten both Howe and Joey imo. I was incredibly disappointed when the ball bounced out.

5 Likes

Essendon: Joey wins it and we all go yay for Joey and that’s the end of it. Move on to 2018 and the important issues in football.

versus

Collingwood: massive dummy spit that is still an issue for them 2 months later.
Howe needs to get some perspective. Sounds like he’s playing for mark of the year, rather than for a flag.

6 Likes

I really hope the Pies fans boo the daylights out of Joey while he kicks a bag and wins the ANZAC day medal again

1 Like

Taking 3 Harry Reemers over Jeremy Howe along the way.

Nah, I just want to see Joey take mark of the year again, ON HOWE.

Elliot out till January with an ankle. I’m schadenfreuding

That’s actually really pathetic. For a professional player to care so much about a lets face it a nothing award. Hope the boys rip into him on Anzac Day about it.

3 Likes

Yeah but let’s be honest, mark of the year is probably his career ceiling as far as on field achievements go. Brownlow? Nope. Coleman? As if. Premiership medal? Get serious, he plays for Collingwood.

3 Likes

Absolutely pathetic. Makes me happy.

2 Likes

The farkin plastic trophy club

2 Likes

I feel bad for him, actually. A really talented player who can’t seem to catch a break.

You think you could find pity for a collingwood bloke sooking? I keep coming back to amusement.

Sucked in, sooks.

EDIT: can you imagine lining up on this bloke next year? Gawd, he has opened himself up for merciless sledging for every minute of every match he plays until he retires. And his coach and president joined in the chorus, if not started it - and don’t seem interested in shutting it down.

1 Like

I’m genuinely stunned at how much fanfare he, his club and its supporters have created over something so stupid. Maybe on the night I can understand but ffs it’s nearly Christmas. If they cared that much then they should’ve voted. Now I’m glad I voted for Joe.

9 Likes

More a general Collingwood flavoured schadenfreude, not specifically Eliot. Fark C’wood

1 Like

Well when the AFL leaves it to a public vote this is what can happen - Never leave it to sheep.

Harsh on Buckley - I’m pretty sure he wanted team success as much as the next guy, and he would happily trade any of his individual awards for a premiership (something that all players say). He was hardly jumping for joy after winning the 2002 NS in a losing team, nor after winning the 2003 Brownlow.

Still reckon Daniher mark was better, and the voters agree

6 Likes