Season 2017 - Collingwood

:thinking:

yaco talks smacko

The alternative is…leaving it to a 'select panel of football personalities’, right?

3 Likes

Could have had a survey ?

Never go full Yaco.

2 Likes

Is Jeremy farking Howe actually a half decent player or just this one trick pony who can admittedly take a pretty damn good (but not as good as Joe grab)? He does it about a half dozen times a year but what else is he actually capable of in footballing terms. Got traded by Melbourne, if he couldn’t take big grabs, would he actually still be on an AFL list?

Genuine question.

1 Like

Just serviceable, nothing sensational other than his marking.

Isn’t just his leap that is sensational? Aren’t most of his marks in the chest?

Daniher was always a big chance to win the MOY because the other two nominations both came from Collingwood. That split the supporters vote from Collingwood.
People should not forget that Joey was robbed the previous year by Majak Daw.
But as said earlier it is a nothing award. Doesn’t come with a car anymore.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you have said. No doubt Daniher should have won last year and not this year. However when he did not win it last year he didn’t spend the following 2 months ■■■■■■■■ about it.
It says a bit about what each player sees as important from a football achievement perspective.

2 Likes

I thought Danihers was better.

But I also thought Tippa had goal of the year so maybe rose coloured glasses.

I hope Howe takes 20 farking ripper hangers next year, only for some random dude to take one better one and claim the prize.

3 Likes

The thing that is funny is that they assume just because a panel will vote on it that things would have been different. No guarantees in that regard because plenty of the so-called experts were divided on the matter.

Roach, Bosustow, Barker, Madden, Riewoldt, Moorcroft.
If you’re not one of them, then who cares?
And neither was one of them.

Edit: Oops. Modra x a dozen and that Melbourne guy.

1 Like

Hang on… is it Yacko? I always thought Yayco?

Hah, … It’s always been yar coh in my head …

hardingham but with better disposal. decent enough to play a role in a mediocre team.

Poor man’s Lynch if you ask me.
Under-rated player, imo, Lynch. Have always thought so.

Probably better evaluations than I could give, I’ve hardly noticed him except from highlight reel marks and the odd handball around the flank. I just assumed he was a Henry Slattery who could fly.

The combined collingwood votes did not equal JoeDan’s.

1 Like