Season 2017 - Collingwood

Yes, because the small clubs like Collingwood often get a rough deal?

Howe had an excellent year and was considered unlucky to not make AA ‘team’.

Still a sook though

Extraordinarily unlucky, given he was named in it initially.

2 Likes

Schwoopps! Meant the team.

Give me a group of experts rather than sheep every day of the week - It’s a flawed process for an award that creates a great deal of public interest - After all high marking is still one of the most pleasing featues of Aussie Rules - For a start, I don’t even think the 3 best marks made the final three - Are the weekly contenders nominated by a Panel or the public ? Is the weekly winner voted by a panel or the public ?

Give Collingwood its due, when Matt Rendell got trashed while at Adelaide fior being unfairly accused of racist comments, they took him on. I might have a different view if Eddie takes on Giil’s mate as CEO.

It was a popularity contest and the BIGGEST CLUB IN FOOTBALL lost. Nick off.

4 Likes

Yeah but you see, the Collingwood fans were so split between Howe and Grundy that most of them had to vote for Daniher.

3 Likes

Of course it’s flawed - it’s totally arbitrary.
Here’s a question - are elections decided by public (sheep) or panel?

1 Like

Do we really need a group of experts for a contest such as this? Is it really that important that someone wins it?

2 Likes

The award is pretty much the definition of a popularity contest

So, Gill’s mate misses out on the Collingwood CEO job which went to Anderson of Swimming Australia.

Which is the one that people like to hug?

1 Like

$2.73 Million loss this year for the Pies. I can’t believe what we’ve been through, and where we are compared to Pies and Carlton.

3 Likes

Just drop that bomb on draft day

And similar the year before.

This with the highest membership in the league

What the fark!

Amusing nonetheless.

— and it’s actually worse than how they reported it

It’s ok Eddie and Bucks will save them!!

Cant wait to see then draft another 5 6-foot half back flankers again this year.

How have they managed to have such a bad financial result?