Season 2017 - Collingwood

RIP Lou :cry:

4 Likes

Absolute legend of the game. Not the greatest player but did more than just about anyone to promote it.

3 Likes

Grew up listening to Lou, a true character of the game. RIP.

1 Like

What a star he was. There probably isn’t any a Collingwood man I have liked more than Lou. He was a fantastic ambassador for the game and much loved.

Ben Reid out for a month with a quad.

Fark all in the sheds for the Pies.

Suck it Bucks.

I still find it hard to believe they decided to go into the season with one established key forward, who’d be better as a mobile third tall with no backup unless you count Cox, White and Mayne.

And one key back in Reid with a rookie discard from GC in Schade and a delistee in Dunn. Keeffe’s available after two years out.

But that leaves you mighty thin.

Even if they hadn’t expected Frost and Brown (who has been terrific at Saints) to leave they should have recruited more in.

Same goes for kpf’s post Cloke.

Absolute balls up.

Is there any chance Collingwood will finish bottom or are Brisbane’s kids still not good enough to get enough wins to finish above them? It appears unfortunately that Carlton may have progressed a bit although they were utter, utter cack for the tail end of last year and didn’t see the season out.

If only they had access a few years ago to a promising kpf under the father/son rule so they would have got him cheap.

And I’m not talking Peter Moore’s son either

2 Likes

Scratching my head about some of the decisions this club has made recently
Real potential of stalling his career and development in the Watts vein imo

The place is nuts.

Couldnt argue with getting rid of Cloke if you were planning for the future but then to spend a fortune on long term deals for Mayne, Wells and even Dunn is just beyond stupid.

Could not be any happier

6 Likes

And All fremantle has to pay for Brad Hill was the Mayne compensation. What a pickup.

Hawks missing Hill as much as Lewis and Mitchell.

2 Likes

Maybe they should have picked up Gwilt?

They went one better. Lynden Dunn … via trade not as a free agent IIRC

Edit. Pick 47, Dees paying part of his salary

Hill playing better football for Freo than he did at the Hawks I reckon. More consistent and more damaging

Yeh but part of that is due to his age, was due to improve this year regardless of where he plays.

If Fremantle can get Bennell on the park they will be a sneaky chance of making the finals, they certainly play with a bit of ticker.

So how is that succession plan going these days Ed?

I have read a few of Malthouses articles. Pretty sure they made the right call to get rid of him. Just may not have picked the right successor

2 Likes

I will be surprised if he ever plays for Freo

He’ll never play another game. Me and peedo said that a year ago I reckon, not only does he have a cooked body, he’s a legit fkn idiot. Lot more to him not playing footy than his calf

2 Likes