Season 2017 - Collingwood

My favourite G Pert moment was when G Abblett Snr screamered him on the way to Mark of the Year. Abblett didn’t hold it long enough but the umpire payed it regardless. Happy days indeed.

C Mayne is the career killer.

1 Like

Credit to the age for putting “resigns” in scare quotes.

1 Like

The Age is a “newspaper”.

11 Likes

“To spend more time with my family”

Ok who did he root?

2 Likes

2 AFL stooges stood down and in a huge co-incidence Pert relinquishes his role less than a week later.
How long before Pert is announced as Letleans replacement?

10 Likes

The better thing is that the guy they employed to do the independent review is now acting CEO. It’s so independent now!

1 Like

That’s what I thought once I heard Pert ‘resigned’.

1 Like

The timing of the resignation could be linked to the Board’s consideration of the report and if Pert knows what’s in it. Wonder who the scapegoat will be.

No, Treloar is a gun. It’s easier to not butcher kicks if you aren’t the only bloke most weeks doing the hard running to get them, or having to kick while going flat chat to try avoid the three blokes on your tail after your teammate sells you up the creek.

I would love him at Essendon, and have said it since his first year at GWS.

2 Likes

They said in the paper this morning how badly hit by injury Collingwood were, having used 35 players. By my count, we’ve used 35 too, and I might be missing 1, and we’ve really only missed Laverde, Ambrose, Brown, Ridley and McNeice for extended periods.

Their problem is that they have zero depth in important positions.

1 Like

So who coaches them next year? Anyone?

Malthouse

1 Like

With any hope…
Buckley.
He’ll lead them into another mediocre / sub standard year where they have a terrible backline and non existent forward line.

Would be great to watch the club dodge the media for the third straight year…

2 Likes

They have finished the season well. Reckon Buckley is a real chance of keeping his job

Roosy will be handed a blank cheque

Only took a cursory glance but I did see a heading earlier in the week in the Age which went something along the lines of Buckley admitting Collingwood’s season was still alive. Of course he has to think that way but the idea of them being even a remote chance of finals is laughable. The idea that their typically naievely avid and feral fan base still having hope after last week - hysterical.

It was an enjoyably gutsy win to watch, helping us but against a gutlessly rubbish opponent who can’t get their ■■■■ together interstate.

1 Like

Bucks is eeking out these cheap wins against rubbish interstate teams to get them to a respectable win/loss tally by the end of the year. Only needs 3 more wins for his buddy to argue they lost close games & reinstate him for another 3 years or so… Will be awesome if that happens but you gotta wonder most teams at 5-10 start planning for next year rather than waste the year, only setting them back further

1 Like

Bucks win tomorrow deserves one more year

I hope he keeps his job as he does two things I appreciate. Serves it up to the footy media and maintains a solid level of mediocrity on the field.

8 Likes