Season 2017 - Fremantle

I agree on the 8-9th thoughts. Definitely tanking last year.

Best 22

B: Crozier Hamling Spurr
HB: Sheridan Johnson Suban
C: Hill Mundy Hill
HF: Bennell McCarthy Taberner
F: Walters Kersten Ballyntyne
R: Sandilands Fyfe Neale
Int: Blakely, Weller, Pearce, Ibbotson
EMG: Sutcliffe, Griffen, Logue

I can see Griffin Logue getting a few games as third tall given his tank, and their lack of key defenders.

They look like a typical Fremantle team. If their stars fire Bennell, Sandi, Fyfe and Hills then they will do well. A lot will depend on the chemistry of the forwardline. Is Ballantyne on the outer? Will kersten and McCarthy work. They will have classy smalls in Ballantyne, Bennell and walters.

My tip is outside the 8. 14th I had them in the 9-14 range. They are hard to pick. They could make Subiaco a fortress but struggle away from home.

If wheels fall off early can see Sandilands and Johnson retiring mid year with Ross playing the youth - Apeness & Logue.

Backs 6
Mids 7.5
Forwards 6

18th

Won’t make the finals.

Best 22

B: Crozier Hamling Spurr
HB: Sheridan Johnson Suban
C: Hill Mundy Hill
HF: Bennell McCarthy Taberner
F: Walters Kersten Ballyntyne
R: Sandilands Fyfe Neale
Int: Blakely, Weller, Pearce, Ibbotson
EMG: Sutcliffe, Griffen, Logue

I can see Griffin Logue getting a few games as third tall given his tank, and their lack of key defenders.

They look like a typical Fremantle team. If their stars fire Bennell, Sandi, Fyfe and Hills then they will do well. A lot will depend on the chemistry of the forwardline. Is Ballantyne on the outer? Will kersten and McCarthy work. They will have classy smalls in Ballantyne, Bennell and walters.

My tip is outside the 8. 14th I had them in the 9-14 range. They are hard to pick. They could make Subiaco a fortress but struggle away from home.

If wheels fall off early can see Sandilands and Johnson retiring mid year with Ross playing the youth - Apeness & Logue.

Backs 6
Mids 7.5
Forwards 6

Looking at that side, if Bennell comes back firing you could really see them being a threat to the 8. Two Hills, Bennell, Fyfe is one incredibly dynamic midfield I can’t see anybody having the tools to competing with. Problem is keeping them on the park.

Kane Cornes has run with Fremantle targeting Patrick Cripps in the event that Fyfe wants to entertain an offer to go to Carlton. Cornes reckons that Cripps is fairly interested in coming home to WA as well.

Of course it could very well be completely baseless crap, but a little interesting nonetheless.

Sandi injured again. Calf. Cooked I reckon.

Sandi injured again. Calf. Cooked I reckon.

And with him cooked it’s fair to say Freo’s chances of success have gone up in flames

Kane Cornes has run with Fremantle targeting Patrick Cripps in the event that Fyfe wants to entertain an offer to go to Carlton. Cornes reckons that Cripps is fairly interested in coming home to WA as well.

Of course it could very well be completely baseless crap, but a little interesting nonetheless.

https://www.facebook.com/SportsdaySA/videos/1255993717801192/

Two things I heard, the first is that Cripps was honest with the Bloos and said at some stage he may want to go home. - who knows if that will happen though, sometimes the young guys get settled and decide they like it where they are. I would be more interested to see if the Bloos would give him up to get Fyfe like they did with Judd?

Second thing: according to Pavlich who is very close friends with Fyfe, the Fyfe ain’t going no where.

Of course Freo would target Cripps. The likelihood though of Carlton doing that after watching Kennedy smash it for near on 10 years is zero.

Two things I heard, the first is that Cripps was honest with the Bloos and said at some stage he may want to go home. - who knows if that will happen though, sometimes the young guys get settled and decide they like it where they are. I would be more interested to see if the Bloos would give him up to get Fyfe like they did with Judd?

Second thing: according to Pavlich who is very close friends with Fyfe, the Fyfe ain’t going no where.

Hypothetically speaking, if this was on the table right now, I think a 21 year old Patrick Cripps who shows all the signs of being an absolute star of the competition (a clearance beast who has the ability to rest forward and take a strong mark) is just about a fair straight swap for Fyfe who is a genuine star but has come off two successive years ruined by a broken leg.

Having said all that, the above doesn’t allow for the fact that by year’s end Fyfe will most likely put together a great season and prove he is back to his best, whilst Cripps will most likely be behind the 8 ball all year due to having virtually no pre-season because of back stress fractures.

Kane Cornes probably stumbled across where Cripps was from and made that ■■■■ up.

Kane Cornes probably stumbled across where Cripps was from and made that ■■■■ up.

Haha yeah most likely.

H Bennell has now buggered up his other calf. Ruled out for at least rnd 1. Shame. Good player.

H Bennell has now buggered up his other calf. Ruled out for at least rnd 1. Shame. Good player.

My word!!!
■■■■■■■■■■???
Can it be???

The private life of the modern AFL player is none of my business.

Interesting choice to make Fyfe captain - Wonder what’s changed in a year.

Interesting choice to make Fyfe captain - Wonder what's changed in a year.

a. It was a secret ballot (unlike last year)
b. No one else nominated
c. Women’s team got to vote
d. Ross Lyon adopted him
e. 251 “solid games” by Mundy not enough to sway vote
f. Last year of contract (unlikely)

Last Ditch Effort to keep Fyfe give him captaincy - worked with pavlich

Reckon Fyfe has been odds on to stay the whole time.