Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Patrick Dangerfield
  2. Joel Selwood
  3. Corey Enright
  4. Cameron Guthrie
  5. Harry Taylor

2016 Rising Star Noms

None

Ins – Zach Tuohy, Aaron Black, Brandon Parfitt, Tom Stewart, Esava Ratugolea, Quinton Narkle, Timm House, Ryan Abbott, Jack Henry, Zach Guthrie, Jamine Jones, Sam Simpson

Outs – Corey Enright, Jimmy Bartel, Mitch Clark, Zac Bates, Cameron Delaney, Padraig Lucey, Tom Read, Jock Cornell, Michael Luxford, Shane Kersten, Billie Smedts, Josh Caddy, Nathan Vardy

My Prediction

Geelong are throwing everything at their next premiership. They finished second last year but I am not sure were ever a genuine threat. It will be interesting to see what another year of playing together does for all their recruits from last year.

The backline is solid. Lonergan, Taylor and Henderson are a solid back 3 KP players. They have brought Tuohy in you would think to replace Enright off half back. They certainly lose a little class if that is the case. Thurlow will come back in after doing a knee last year ad they often run Guthrie off HB giving them plenty of run and attack from the last line.

The midfield is clearly the strength of the team. Selwood and Dangerfield found better chemistry as the year went on and certainly give the team an edge at stoppages.You would expect little Selwood to get a better run this year. What they really need though is more run. They need Cockatoo and Motlop to get their act together. If those players have good years then anything could happen.

They are good for rucks, Smith was a good get last year and then they have Blicavs/Stanley to give him a chop out. They dont really have a dominant ruck but they are very good around the ground. I would expect Smith to improve this year.

The forward line is a slight worry for them. Hawkins has had his struggles with his body, they need Stanley to step up and hopefully Menzel can stay on the field. I think they will miss Caddy as well as the depth Kersten provides. They look shallow down there now. Henderson clearly looks more comfortable down back but may be needed up forward.

When you look at the movement you would have to say the list is possibly weaker than last year. They have great top line talent but they lack depth. I think this year could be a struggle for them. They have enough talent to make top 4, (3rd or 4th for mine) but I dont think they are a legitimate title contender.

They got Aaron Black? Lolz

Best 22
B: Mackie Lonergan Koldashnij
HB: Tuohy Henderson Thurlow
C:Cockatoo Selwood Blicavs
HF: Motlop Taylor Duncan
F: Menzel Hawkins Stanley
R: Smith Selwood Dangerfield
Int: Menegola, Guthrie, McCarthy, Ruggles

Emg: Bews, Murdoch, Lang

My prediction 7th.

Cats have really only brought i Tuohy and lose Enright, bartel, Caddy.
Albeit Thurlow and S Selwood missed lots of footy last year. I think S Selwood is part of reason they were happy to let caddy go.

From the sounds of it they will rob the backline of Harry Taylor to strengthen the forwardline. Similar to us with Hooker. as there is a lack of Key tall forwards in the league (unless you are GWS).

I just see them dropping off. and injury to Selwood or Dangerfield and they are gone. For them to get higher than 7th then they would need

• Joel Selwood and dangerfield injury free
  • Thurlow to turn into a durable attacking half back flanker
  • Tuohy to gel early and me an asset off half back.
  • Motlop and Cockatoo to creat run and carry and hit the scoreboard.
  • Taylor experiment up forward to work
  • Stanley to Contribute as a forward.

It will also be interesting how the ruck change will affect their performance. Blicavs will potentially reduce his hit out numbers.

Which one is Brad again?

Which one is Brad again?
The twin brother of Chris

Yeah the surly looking one.

Which one is Brad again?

The one with the third nipple

Which one is Brad again?

The one whose team is finishing 18th

Which one is Brad again?

I thought that was Chris…and Ross and Simon and Damien and Horse and …

Chris
Cats
That’s what I do, anyway.

Hmmm. These guys could go either way. So much depends on injuries, to me. They’ll be a top 5. Or, they’ll lose a couple of key players and wind up missing the eight.

Letting Bartel go will prove to be a mistake. Touhy will surprise people, he will be better for the cats than he was for the Blooos who dragged him down to the level of the rest of them.

They were a strange team last year, boasting an impressive h&a record but really looking tepid in their two finals.

Looking at their best 22 it’s as solid as they come but lacks gamebreakers other than the dangerwood combo. Not sure where the improvement comes from really, especially given Danger really couldn’t have played a better season.

Chris Cats That's what I do, anyway.

Hmmm. These guys could go either way. So much depends on injuries, to me. They’ll be a top 5. Or, they’ll lose a couple of key players and wind up missing the eight.

Brad
Broke football club

Chris Cats That's what I do, anyway.
Brad Broke football club
Guys.

You appear to be under the impression I give a fark about their individual identities.

They’re sniping toss-bag cry babies, that’s all I need to know.

Letting Bartel go will prove to be a mistake. Touhy will surprise people, he will be better for the cats than he was for the Blooos who dragged him down to the level of the rest of them.

How would anyone know if letting Bartel go will prove to be a mistake? It’s not like Kelly where he’ll end up playing elsewhere

1 Like
Which one is Brad again?

One below the other one

How would anyone know if letting Bartel go will prove to be a mistake? It’s not like Kelly where he’ll end up playing elsewhere

Bartel was a class act, not easy to replace.

Bartel was a class act, not easy to replace.

But cooked all the same.

Joel Selwood done for speeding, 127 in a 100km zone, lost his license for 1 month.

Joel Selwood done for speeding, 127 in a 100km zone, lost his license for 1 month.

Top Cat Lacks Drive