Season 2017 - Geelong

Both Scott brothers are actually pretty good coaches.
Geelong’s best 15 are as good as ours at least.
Their recruiting has taken them pretty far till now.
Parsons, Smith, Parfitt and Bews are all decent players.

/reality

They did well with the Tuohy trade

Geelongs 2017 1st rounder (15-18) for Blues second rounder 20 + Billy smedts (spud)

Tuohy for a pickswap and lose 4 places effectively.

Touhy has been fantastic for them this year. Another FCFC brilliant trade.

2 Likes

Catman! Very, very ordinary bloke.

fixed

Apparently Motlop gone to Port on a 3-year contract.

Dogged his own club after they lost

Dogged just doesn’t seem appropriate. Sprayed?

Chris scott apparently has told 10 players to start looking for a new club in the end of year interviews. Cleaning house for ablett is going to ■■■■ a few people off

Would they be able to handle that sort of list turnover with their draft position though? Thats a massive change over one pre-season.

Ablett, at 34 yoa midway through next year, moves from being 3rd best player at the Suns, to Geelong. A star, but a falling star, and one with nothing to prove, but wanting to get home to be with the family,and be paid well for it.
Every player declines. If he plays in the forward line he will get a lot of harsh physical treatment, and we all know he doesnt like to play injured in any way, and why would he. He can do some cameos to keep the fans delerious, and put some icing on the cake at the same time.

TBH, I think geelong are crazy to bring him back in. It can only be for marketing purposes not fro the integrity of their list…

I’m already sick of seeing Ablett back at geelong articles and it’s November. I think I’ll have to ignore all media in the lead up to round 1

1 Like

I like Ablett and I hope he goes well. I don’t think it will help them enough though. I expect them to drop out of top 4.

I like Ablett too, but even I am sick of seeing these articles. They need to give it a rest.

2 Likes

I reckon he’s botched his own brand terribly. Can’t stand seeing him and don’t think it’s that much of a “good news story” that he’s back there.

3 Likes

They’ll drop either 2018 or 2019, and probably quite steeply. And I can’t wait

They’ve had a good run with injuries (ie Dangerwood has played most games). Imagine if 2 out of Danger, Selwood and Ablett go down for an extended period

Its ruining my attention for how good of a bloke and how ‘human’ dangerfield is. i mean hes JUST LIKE US.

Actually putting Ablett there next to Danger is probably a net gain for Danger. I’m coming around on him being a good bloke compared to the other idiot.

come on - Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield are all good blokes