Season 2017 - Gold Coast

Its disgusting they are even going to try and do the “Mitchell” example and try and use a late pick card. Stand firm GC!

Mitchell was out of contract and paid a veteran allowance. Gold Coast paid most of the contract in the first year. Demand a 1st rounder or 2nd and a good role player.

1 Like

Good old reliable tony Cochrane will threaten to retire him and then give him a contract extension.

2 Likes

I would love to see what Gary Ablett would say.

What a ■■■■■■■ totally tarnishing his reputation

Wowee. Withdrawn from the game already after being named.

So missed the last month now is it?

was once legitimately being tauted as a contender to be one of the best players ever. Spent the last two years destroying his own reputation.

6 Likes

Golden Coast are going to sweep the decks and start afresh.

Ablett will go and they’ll get what they can for him.
Matera was a test injury. He ended up being out for a month and has sat in the NEAFL for the last three weeks. He’s virtually gone.
I wouldn’t be surprised if McKenzie ends up going as well.
If David Swallow ever wanted to leave, now would be a good time.

I don’t blame anyone for hating that shithole. Their fitness staff have been terrible for a long time.

I hope they let him sit next year out as a matter of principle.

I doubt it would ever happen.

Restraint of trade type setup that whilst hasn’t ever been pressed upon the AFL wouldn’t want to have their contractual setups questioned/tested.

Carlton did it to Gibbs

GWS did it to McCarthy… he sooked and sat out for a year

2 Likes

Nice move Solly. Name him to make him embarrass himself by refusing to play.

Hope he goes to Geelong who then fall off a cliff into the bottom 4.

4 Likes

Yes and no.

Gibbs still had 3yrs to run on his contract. No real significant issue for him to be moving back home, and since he signed a 4yr contract just a year before too bad. Crows couldn’t come up with enough to get trade done. He stayed.

McCarthy only after GWS didn’t allow trade to go through then claimed depression and sat himself out. The homesickness wasn’t a significant enough issue and GWS thought they’d be able to get him back on board following year.

Ablett Snr I believe has serious health issues, that’s GAJ’s main concern. He is coming back to Victoria be it by retiring or via trade so can be with his father.

It’s not restraint of trade if he has time left on gis contract. Contracts work both ways.

1 Like

And there is no other Vic clubs he could return to?
The little grub demanded a front loaded contract and now wants to go after taking the most $.

5 Likes

Right you are there

And since that happened Geelong should have to cough up something more than a nothing pick they wouldn’t use anyway.

Cut out the religious crap Aceman. That was offensive and unnecessary.

What pick would they want for him? Something in the 40s?

they should be asking for a 2nd rounder and a good player at a minimum or a late first rounder

Bet they would say GC are being unreasonable too…

I cannot think of any player who is worth significant coin that Geelong would give up and would be willing to play for that rabble.

I can’t work out if this is Hutchy admitting he’s terrible at his job or just being a bitter, bitter, bitter man.
And I can’t imagine Hutchy being self aware.

1 Like