Season 2017 - Gold Coast

Tassie’s the same as the Gold Coast.

Except for the brilliant weather and the hot chicks on tap.

2 Likes

The chicks are still hot but they are all related lol

These guys are still a club?

Huh, I had no idea.

They can always get another one from North Korea.

4 Likes

Watch us beat Adelaide, and lose to GC next week.

1 Like

In fairness to K Hunt and G Abblett, salary cap concessions allowed GC to put a fair bit of their wage outside the usual structure but this was another of the start up allowances that GC managed to screw up.

Western Sydney was supposed to be the failure. No one would want to go to Western Sydney they said. I even recall a conversation at the time where the commentators were saying how lucky the boys who were old enough to get drafted by GC were in relation to the poor lads who would be eligible for the draft the following year when GWS could get them.

Everyone involved in the club from inception are culpable to some degree. What they do from here is anyone’s guess but by the way they’re going, it doesn’t look like they have any answers.

Gotta be ROOSY

Malthouse needs a job

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlDnC9ACUAARwUl.jpg

6 Likes

New coach effect just in time to play us

1 Like

They are a joke, I can honestly see them never being good. They are the biggest nothing side I’ve ever seen

Looking back Ablett was the worst choice for marquee player and captain.

Throw in campbell brown as a senior leader and they deserve everything they get

Rodney eade was just the last nail in the coffin

6 Likes

They should have never sacked bluey

1 Like

Yep, he was a complete disaster for GC - 1 x Brownlow, 2 x AFLPA MVP, 4 x All Australian, 3 x B&F, 2 x leading goal kicker.

He was literally the very worst choice imaginable.

As a player yes, as a leader nope. There is nothing at all that screams leader of men about him.

3 Likes

At the time I thought that Eade was one of the biggest mind boggling appointments as I thought McKenna had them playing some decent footy in patches and the side was starting to get somewhere on-field.

As stated previously, his coaching style went out the window 15 years ago.

3 Likes

He’s a relic.

I see. So carrying the club for its first 3-4 years shows no “leader of men” abilities at all? You stand by GAJ literally being the worst choice, even with the benefit of hindsight, for GC?

Are you Caroline Wilson’s ghost writer by any chance?

Brilliant player but seems a very divisive leader.
You can’t have a bloke staying at different hotels to the rest of the team and having different training regimes and times to suit his lifestyle not to mention staying back in Victoria after playing down there frequently. Needed a real firm leader in there to steer the ship in its early days

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting he was the perfect choice, but for someone to say he was literally the worst choice is such a patently stupid comment that it warrants derision.

At any rate, i’m not sold on the need for captains to babysit 40 other adults seven days a week. Isn’t that why clubs employ a cast of thousands in their off-field staff these days? Maybe i’m a bit dated, but for me the captain is there to rally the troops on game day, and it’s the job of the dozens of coaching/mentoring/development/administrative staff to take care of the rest.

1 Like